Acamar Films are looking for a Licensing Coordinator to join their growing team. Reporting to the Senior Licensing Manager, the role plays an important part in the expanding licensing and consumer products programme for the Emmy and Writer’s Guild Award winning and BAFTA nominated pre-school property – Bing.
The role works closely with members of the global licensing team and with internal departments including finance, legal, marketing, content distribution, digital, production and design.
You will be responsible for day-to-day tasks and provide key support to the team in developing relationships with licensees, international agents and retailers as the consumer products programme expands beyond the UK into a global business, with new markets delivering best-in-class products that delight consumers worldwide.
Acamar are looking for a proactive and highly focused, adaptable team player with excellent interpersonal and administrative skills. Enthusiasm and a passion for consumer products are essential along with the ability to manage and prioritise a varied and demanding workload.
This role provides a full range of administrative duties but is an excellent opportunity to progress your career in licensing as the company expands.
- Central support function to the licensing team on a day to day basis
- Collaborating with internal teams
- Acting as first point of contact for the licensing team, dealing with queries and liaising confidently with licensees, retailers and international agents
- Coordinating and participation in all licensee calls and meetings, preparing materials and hand-outs and providing follow up notes/actions
- Contacting, setting up and holding meetings with retailers
- Updating and maintaining all licensee lists and status reports
- Ensure the smooth running of the deal memo submission and contracts process flow
- Track and file any contract cancellations, amendments and contract expiry dates
- Creating presentations and maintaining up to date sales materials
- Source, collate and catalogue up to date high res product shots
- In charge of agent quarterly business reviews
- Assist in the management of our Master Toy and Master Publishing partners
- Providing licensees and licensing agents with timely brand information
- Competitor and gap analysis – identify new categories and brand opportunities through attendance and research at trade shows, trade publications, comp shopping etc
- Maintain updated licensee retail listings grid
- Maintain and manage the department’s online filing system
The candidate will be highly focused, adaptable and will have excellent interpersonal and administration skills, strong problem-solving abilities and first-class liaison skills.
A passion for consumer products, the ability to manage and prioritise a varied and demanding workload and excellent attention to detail is important.
Your stakeholders, both internally and externally, will be numerous and the ability to carefully build and maintain these relationships is essential.
Skills & Experience
- 2-3 years experience in a licensing and/or consumer products role, preferably within the pre-school sector covering UK and international markets
- Experience and knowledge of the licensing and retail landscape
- Genuine passion for licensing, reliable, consistent and hard- working
- A team player who can effectively build relationships both internally and externally
- Highly organised, proactive and confident team player with ability to effectively manage multiple projects
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Demonstrates attention to detail
- Able to prioritise workload
- Sense of urgency and ability to take initiative when appropriate
- Proficiency in Word, Powerpoint and Excel
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Experience of working in an international role
- Experience of working with licensing agents
- Experience of working in a small team or independent startup
- Languages are a bonus
If you are interested and would love to join Team Bing, then please submit your CV and a covering letter by email here. The closing date for applications is Wednesday 31st January.