About Select Licensing
Select Licensing are unrivalled in licensing, extending and developing brands purely in the fashion and lifestyle sectors. By combining an entrepreneurial background with a rich history of working with internationally admired brands, retailers and licensees, we craft profitable partnerships that add real brand value.
Current clients include Lipsy, Julien Macdonald, Nicole Farhi, Wolsey, BLK DNM and many more. Select manage their clients both for UK and international markets.
Select Licensing is now looking for a Licensing Manager to look after their current, and expanding, client portfolio. The role is a combination of brand management, and new business development but will also assist the Managing Director across the day to day running of the business and general admin tasks.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Main Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Set client licensing strategies and work to achieve these.
- Fully manage licensing deals from start to finish, research licensees, generate own leads and business development, including commercial negotiations, client meetings, completion of deal memos, approvals, checking of legal agreements and execution of agreements.
- Manage licensing programme for all product categories across all brands.
- Identify new categories and licensees in the marketplace to drive revenue and profit growth, whilst also working with the licensees to drive creativity, anticipate future trends and increase revenues.
- Be the key point of contact for the Smile by Julien Macdonald DTR programme with Mothercare overseeing the PR and marketing, product development and general communication.
- Ensure correct legal documentation, client processes and procedures are met
- Tailor presentation materials for pitches and meetings as needed.
- Oversee smooth running product development between licensee and client.
- Take control of the commercial side of the business. Secure quarterly royalty statements and forecasts from licensees, send out invoices, chase payments and track all income.
- Work alongside the MD in the development of current and new business, prospecting of new clients and sending commercial proposal to clients.
- Assist MD in all aspects of the business, general day-to-day admin and office duties, travel plans, diary management.
Essential skills and experience:
- Minimum of 5yrs experience of working within the licensing industry
- Demonstrable experience of working across consumer products and retail brands
- Experienced in pitching brands and products to licensees
- A proven track record of quickly establishing constructive relationships. Able to demonstrate excellent contacts and able to build relationships within the industry (including retail buyers, manufacturers and promotional partners)
- Experience of proactively managing relationships between brand owners and third party licensees or manufacturers
- Experience in negotiating, agreeing commercial terms and closing deals.
- Media and Licensing industry working environment experience (i.e. Licensee or Licensor)
- Ideally some with some experience working on high-end fashion brands
- International experience would be beneficial but not essential
- Outstanding sales and pitching skills, along with confidence and outstanding presentation skills.
- Organised and able to manage multiple projects and ability to work independently
- Strong attention to detail and numeracy skills
- Highly motivated, with excellent interpersonal skills and communicator
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills, intermediate level for all other Microsoft Office packages
Please apply to Damian Hopkins by email here.