Seventeen’s an odd number, isn’t it? Just intriguing enough to pique your interest past this opening sentence. Shall we tell you why we’ve chosen it?
The United Nations. More specifically, and with the Sustainability in Licensing Conference a mere four weeks away, we’re honouring the United Nations’ 17 Sustainable Development Goals with our own special run through of the 17 biggest things you simply won’t want to miss at next month’s big event.
So, if you’ve been looking for yet another a reason to book your tickets to SILC 2022 today, then take a look at this:
- Lucie Brigham, chief of office for the United Nations Office of Partnerships and Kerry Bannigan, executive director of the Fashion Impact Fund will deliver an inspirational address on implementing those 17 Sustainable Development Goals into your business and day to day operations.
- Common People! Yes, the Wombles will be at SILC 2022. Make sure you grab a photo with the originals in upcycling as everybody’s favourite Great Uncle Bulgaria and Orinoco make a special guest appearance.
- The SILC Soiree – making its in-person debut at the Royal Geographical Society next month means one thing; yes, it’s networking time! SILC will be hosting its first post-event soiree with a drinks event sponsored by Brand Licensing Europe.
- Inspired by purpose! Take your chance to feel inspired and energised with a very special keynote address from the business innovator, designer, and author Alan Moore as he explores the importance of purpose in profit.
- Wow! Stuff goes naked… live on stage. Experience the full plastic packaging striptease in a special session with The Gruffalo toy maker and industry innovator.
- No excuse, reuse! A special tie-up with the reuse specialist, Ecoffee Cup means no single-use waste involved with your all-important refreshments. Now that’s something to celebrate!
- Immerse yourself in the rich heritage and history of the Royal Geographical Society. What a venue for the in-person debut of the Sustainability in Licensing Conference.
- Watching the live-stream online from the comfort of your home office? That’s fantastic – we have a full-day of exclusive content, and you won’t miss a single beat of the action.
- Sustainability sold! What happens when you put Primark, George at ASDA, Walgreen Boots Alliance, and Richard Lim from the retail insights specialist Retail Economics on the same panel session? We don’t know yet, but we can’t wait to find out…
- Sustainability in the Metaverse? We’re taking it to Web 3.0 thanks to some future-gazing insight from Glyn Mitchel, the founder of Carbon Farm and Timo Olkkola, founder of Flowhaven in a session chaired by the Fashion Metaverse Club’s ceo, Warren Parker-Mills.
- Don’t throw it all away! Your waste has value and it can make you money. The trick is working out how to unlock it. Take inspiration from the world leaders in food waste upcycling Anthesis Provision and this very engaging discussion.
- Pick up your special edition of the second ever Products of Change magazine, the Autumn Edit. Stay in the loop with all the latest in sustainable developments from across the consumer products industries.
- The Great Unwashed – learn how to spot greenwashing and how to avoid it. The Marketing Store’s Pamela Stathaki will lead this incredibly important session on how to market your sustainable journey the right way.
- Unpacking sustainable packaging – Tesco’s senior packaging manager, Paul Earnshaw offers in-person and online attendees an exclusive update on the latest developments directly from Europe’s third largest retailer itself.
- It’s a data – The Insights Family will present the latest consumer data and sustainability trends from across the globe. Stay in the know with what kids and families really want from their household brands.
- Join Mattel, LEGO, Obki and Kids Industries in exploring the future of the kids’ market when it comes to sustainability, purpose and putting people and planet over profit.
- Food for thought – come away from a jam-packed day with the inspiration and the know-how on how to implement the next crucial steps on your sustainability journey.
Sustainability in Licensing Conference will take place on Tuesday 18 October at the Royal Geographical Society. To make sure you are part of the action, simply click here to book your tickets. A 20% discount applies to members of Products of Change.