Job description: CAA-GBG, a joint venture created by Creative Artists Agency and Global Brands Group, forming the world’s largest brand management company. With 24 offices around the world. CAA-GBG advises on and manages all aspects of brand extension programs, including branding strategies, market targeting, product development, retail activations, licensee acquisitions, and multi-territory franchising. Clients include many of the world’s leading corporate brands, including Coca-Cola, F1, and Playboy; renowned celebrities David Beckham, Jennifer Lopez and Christian Ronaldo; desirable lifestyle brand and entertainment companies, including Netflix and EON.
Job Title: Brand & Product Development Executive
Working Hours: Full-time (35 hours/week) OR Part-time (21 hours/week)
Purpose of the Job:
- Providing product development and brand support to the UK team across the current categories and specific brands.
- Working as part of a team: Communicate and collaborate with colleagues as necessary to provide brand support to progress projects.
- To play an essential role in the UK Division, ensuring the smooth transition of the overall product development process from concept to production on selected brands.
(Based on our four performance management competency areas)
Strategy & Innovation
- Commercial awareness and understanding of the bigger picture to ensure the role of the Product Approvals Team makes a positive contribution to the UK Division
- To understand the ‘pressure point’ of the Product Approvals role and use effective skills to achieve results for the Licensors & Licensees
Operations & Results
- Assist with the efficient & smooth running of the product approvals critical path from the initial briefing stage through to final production
- Work across multiple categories and DTR’s (retail)
- Highly organised ensuring all submissions from either Licensors or Licensees are turned around within 48 hours, either via the approval systems or emails.
- Up to date filing of all Product Approvals correspondence and product approval internal folders.
- Manage the physical product and samples, including labelling, storing and sending out to the relevant partners.
- Manage brand style guide and asset distribution to licensees.
- Help with the regular update of status reports and brand decks and consolidate forecasting from each licensee.
Customers & Relationships
- Recognises the sensitivity of the role Product Approvals plays
- Good communicator at all levels and highly adaptive to each Licensor’s culture and tone
- Build strong long-term relationships and value these partnerships
- Earn the trust and respect internally and with Licensors & Licensees
- Support Product & Brand Manager and team to key meetings with Licensors and Licensees and participate actively.
- A team player with a positive, can do attitude
- Strong communication skills written & verbal
- Ability to take instruction
- Effective multitasker in a fast paced environment
- Strive for excellence with a strong work ethic
Candidate Skills & Qualifications:
- To have 1-2 years experience working in an office environment
- Experience of working with brands or retail
- Have the ability to take initiative, working in a fast-paced environment and remain calm under pressure and meet deadlines
- Must have the capacity to handle a number of projects and prioritise
- Experience working with product approvals systems (e.g. Brand Comply & Mediabox) is a plus
- Academic qualifications – Degree level preferable
If you are interested in applying for the role please email: email@example.com