Title: Brand Manager
Direct Report : To the Sales and Marketing Director
Location: Home/Hammersmith Office but with ability to be mobile and available to work from the Fareham Office, or as required.
About Rainbow Designs:
Rainbow Designs is celebrating its 50th Anniversary in 2021 and is one of the country’s leading character soft toy and nursery companies. The Home of Classic Characters is the name behind a prestigious portfolio of much-loved classic character brand collections featuring joyful and inspiring quality soft and wooden toys, these include: Peter Rabbit, Paddington Bear, Disney Classic Winnie-the-Pooh, Snoopy, Guess How Much I Love You, We’re Going on a Bear Hunt, The Very Hungry Caterpillar, Miffy, The Snowman and Snowdog, Elmer, That’s Not My … and Spot. Rainbow Designs also offer the Universal’s DreamWorks Heritage and DreamWorks Vault collections which include the renowned characters such as Shrek, ET, Jaws, Jurassic Park, Rupert Bear and Where’s Wally.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Reporting directly to the Sales and Marketing Director. Your primary responsibility will be for supporting the SMD in the management, custody and development of the Company’s valuable brands. Including all Annual Planning/Budgetting, Initiatives and Briefing. In this role you will:
1. Plan, create, develop and implement exciting and effective Brand Plans for all of our Brands in line with Company Objectives.
2. Develop a deep understanding of our customers and markets and working with the SMD & Head of Product Development & Creative Marketing Services, deliver impactful Brand Plans in line with Company Channel Strategy and the defined Brand Strategies.
3. Be the ‘Go to’ day to day contact for all licensors, understanding all there is to know about our licenses and being the brand champion in the business. Developing excellent relationships with our brand owners and communicating brand activity with our sales team.
4. Assist the MD and Sales Director in the coordination of the Licensing function within the business, including regular and routine liaison with the Brand Owner Marketing Teams in the coordination of Brand, Promotional and Retail activities around the various Brands and be responsible for the internal communication/collation of that information.
5. Be responsible for managing & coordinating all License pitches and renewals and follow up communication.
6. Having a deep understanding of our customers and markets and working with the SMD & Head of Product Development & Creative Marketing Services, to develop, plan and then implement Brand Plans in line with Company Channel Strategy and the defined Brand Strategies.
7. Being responsible for the development of briefs for the PD team to enable them to produce effective range plans.
8. Being responsible for the performance of the brands, on a daily basis. Working with the sales team to ensure they are implementing the brand plans and identifying/delivering retail targets and opportunities.
9. Working with the Sales Team to produce briefs for Sales initiatives for their specific channels.
10. Monitor and prepare Monthly and Quarterly Brand Performance reports and Brand Business Plan review meetings. Review brand performance against budget and forecasts in order to update the company on performance.
11. Based on those results, work with Sales & Marketing Director & Head of Creative Marketing Services to create action plans to improve brand business where needed & to create the environments in which to give the brand and product ranges every chance for success.
12. Attend Brand Events and Conferences, coordinate and disseminate relevant joint initiatives and information internally and externally.
13. Assist in the preparation of regular company brand updates and presentations.
1. An articulate and communicative individual, ideally with 3 years Brand or Marketing experience earned in the Toy, Baby and Nursery or Gift Industry sectors.
2. Enthusiastic, highly motivated and passionate about working within the industry and for the company and its brands and customers.
3. Curious and wanting to develop and learn.
4. Proven ability to develop and execute effective brand support plans and initiatives.
5. Must be a results focussed person, motivated by success.
6. Numerate , analytical and with proven and in depth MS Powerpoint, Excel, and Word Skills.
7. Highly collaborative and able to work across funtions and teams, and with a variety of external audiences and build positive relationships.
8. Well organised and an ability to plan own work , manage and prioritise multiple brands and projects and deliver to standards and
9. Proven and demonstrable communication and presentation skills.
10. Online and Social Media Marketing experience would be an an advantage.
11. A natural team player able to work closely and effectively with the Sales, Product Development, and Management Teams and with the confidence and ability to work under own initiative.
12. This is a fast paced exciting role. To succeed you will need to be flexible, adaptable to change and willing to put in the effort, creativity and thinking agility required.
To apply, please email confirming why you think you would be perfect for this job along with your CV to email@example.com