Due to continued growth, we are looking to recruit an experienced and skilled Account Manager (Hosiery and Apparel) with exceptional customer service/key account handling skills. Working in a team to deliver the highest standard of customer service to some of our Key accounts. The successful candidate will ideally have previous account management experience with a strong supplier background, who can demonstrate a track record of building successful relationships, has a passion for product and the ability to maximise sales and recognise potential opportunities with a hands-on approach to all tasks.
Role and Responsibilities:
– In conjunction with the Sales Manager manage all aspects of the business’ Key Retailer Accounts
– Overall responsibility for the management of the critical path process, acting as the main point of contact internally and externally working in conjunction with the Merchandising, Technical, Design and In country office teams.
– Manage all aspects of the costing process, ensuring that competent costing packs are sent out to the supply base (as per the standard format) and full details of product order requirements are received from the customer.
– Take full ownership of the Key account’s departmental product categories and work collaboratively with the buying teams to drive sales growth.
– Manage product, pricing and margins according to the agreed aims of the business.
– Ensure full understanding of relevant supply base capabilities and limitations including compliance standards and compatibility with customer requirements.
– Build strong working relationships with the customer built on results, trust and mutual respect, communicating on a weekly/daily basis where necessary.
– Overall responsibility for margin per customer per product order, and in turn the management of any issues that could affect the agreed cost and the business standard required percentage.
– Oversee the license approval process in conjunction with the Design and Licensing teams, ensuring all products are approved at all stages of the approval process, and that any requested changes are made and communicated in a timely manner.
– Manage any sample costs where necessary, working with the internal teams to ensure sample collections / sales / buying samples are developed and delivered on time to the customer requirements.
– Report on any customer initiatives/directives accordingly.
– Represent the business in a professional and competent manner at all times.
– Travel as and when necessary, in order to manage customer/critical path focuses/comparative shopping and supplier visits.
– Responsibility for advising the Commercial Director and Sales Manager of any issues pertaining to the customer, critical path, costings or any other detrimental information.
Key Skills and Attributes:
– Ability to maximise sales and to recognise potential sales opportunities.
– Sound understanding of customer specific needs and ability to implement successfully.
– Highly motivated
– Effective time management and the ability to work effectively under pressure
– Excellent communication skills
– Ability to work proactively and overcome challenges and achieve results
– Ability to influence and engage key stakeholders
– Hands on approach to all tasks
– Sound understanding of supplybase
If you feel you have the skills and experience that we are looking for please send your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org