The grass is greener… at Joules!
We have an eye for detail. We care and we challenge. We are creative and commercial, passionate and practical. We are flexible and generous. We inspire hard work and lead with kindness. We have big ambitions and are never afraid to give it some welly.
Step into a role within our Licensing team as an Assistant Licensing Manager (Fixed Term Contract) where you will drive the department to deliver the Global Product Strategy and ensure incremental sales to grow brand presence, providing professional account management to Licensees & Licensors partnering with Joules.
This role offers flexible working (as do the majority of our roles), we would also consider part-time hours for this position for the right individual.
As an Assistant Licensing Manager you will:
- Execute the Joules Global Product Strategy for the Licensing Department, alongside the Licensing Manager
- Work closely with Licensing Manager on creating and rolling-out the Licensing Strategy in order to meet financial targets
- Carry out competitor analysis & have awareness of market trends to ensure the department makes informed decisions
- Negotiate new & renewal licensing deals with Licensees & Licensors
- Be responsible for key Department activities relating to other functions within the business & building strong relationships with colleagues
- Line Management of the Licensing Admin; responsible for the creation of the Licensing Critical Path & all product activity as well as being responsible for keeping Licensing Admin on track with strategic priorities to support the Blueprint
- Review, identify & target new business for the department’s UK distribution, working closely with the Licensees and Wholesale Team
- Contribute & show initiative in senior stakeholder meetings, eg. presenting to the CEO & CFO quarterly in 3W meetings
- Support Licensing Manager and Finance colleagues with forecasting the Licensing Department’s revenues and tracking performance
- Responsible for monthly performance packs from all Licensees, compiled for the Finance team
- Chase Royalty Reports when necessary, and work with Finance and the Licensing Manager to validate accuracy of reporting
- Work closely with the Licensing Marketing Coordinator on delivering launch activity and campaigns to grow sales & brand presence
- Take ownership of tracking the Licensing Department’s CSR journey with Licensees, including materials guidelines & factory on-boarding
- Analyse customer product feedback to interrogate new product development with the Licensing Designer and Print Designer
- Deliver the strategy and brand values to the Partners, to truly engage them and align them with the Joules vision
- Build strong relationships with Licensees and Main Range collaboration Licensors, ensuring they are supported
- Support Main Range Teams, Merchandisers & Finance to ensure execution of contract obligations for collaborations with external Licensors
- Provide brand guidance for new Licensees to ensure consistency, and keep existing partners updated with assets & brand information
- Challenge ways of working to ensure growth and streamline processes to support the business’ fit & focused initiative
- Working closely with the Licensing Merchandiser & Main Range Teams to support the Joules buy each season
- Inform the Main Range Teams, FOJ Team, Clipper Team of all Licensing seasonal range plans
What we are looking for:
- Experience of working within Licensing sector for minimum of 3years. Account Management preferred but not required
- Has awareness of product development processes and understands how a fashion retail business works
- Show initiative with minimal input from the Licensing Manager
- Formulates own plan to prioritise workload effectively taking into account the impact on the Department
- Works in a timely manner, prioritising task and communication
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of competitor activity and environmental factors
- Ability to problem solve, negotiate and make decisions
- Ability to interpret facts and figures to identify the real issues
- Embraces working in a team, understanding the professional relationship with all relevant internal departments
- Offers other solutions or options. Thinks positively to overcome objections. Is happy to adapt if necessary
- Generates ideas, choices and solutions. Discusses ideas. Embraces change.
- Can offer reasoned arguments to support their own view
- Always achieves high levels of accuracy and can understand the knock-on impact of inaccuracies
- Understand, show passion for and visually represent the brand at all times
- Sets clear objectives. Demonstrates a nurturing attitude to the Licensing Admin
Still not sure if the grass is greener?
As a company that values its people as its biggest asset, we want to look after ours so that they feel at home. So we put together a package of financial rewards and wellbeing benefits to help you achieve your perfect balance of work and play. To find out more visit: https://careers.joules.com/rewards-benefits