Division: Universal Consumer Products International
Position: Category Manager, Primark – UK & Ireland Consumer Products
Reports to: Senior Category Manager Softlines – UK & Ireland Consumer Products
Location: London / Dublin
Universal Pictures were the first of the modern Hollywood studios, and over their one hundred years, they have been responsible for some of the world’s most memorable feature films. The home of ET, Jurassic Park, Despicable Me, Jason Bourne, Dracula, Bridget Jones, Mamma Mia!, The Mummy, Les Miserables, King Kong and the unstoppable Fast & Furious franchise, to name a few.
Universal Consumer Products International oversees NBCUniversal’s consumer product and digital licensing for Universal Pictures, NBC Television, Focus Features and Sprout Channel. Universal Consumer Products International is part of NBCUniversal. NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a suite of leading internet-based businesses. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
The Category Manager, Primark will support the Senior Catgeory Manger Softlines in the development and execution of a long-term business strategy for the for the Primark DTR account in line with the wider Softlines strategy across all categories and all Primark markets to build a sustainable business that drives annual revenue targets.
The position will focus on primarily day to day management of the Primark account, implementing business strategies, undertaking gap analysis, pitching, buyer day to day meetings, forecasting, working with our in-house creative team / preferred Primark suppliers and presenting new creative to Primark ensuring cross-departmental buy in.
The can be London or Dublin located, if London then a high amount of travel to Dublin will be required.
- Work with the Senior Catgeory Manager Softlines to develop and execute long-term growth strategies for the Primark account
- Identify gaps and key opportunities across Primark using priority and classic Universal properties
- Accountable for day-to-day management of buyer communication, pitching creative, taking briefs and delivering back on requirements
- Work on the creation of targeted presentations to pitch, support or launch properties and halo projects within Primark
- Organise Universal Brand Immersion days for Primark suppliers to communicate key brand priorities and lead creative inspiration
- Maintain current knowledge of industry trends, competitors, business opportunities, threats and dynamics for category within Primark
- Work with internal Marketing and Retail Managers to ensure solid oversight and input on retail and marketing plans related to Primark
Process and tracking:
- Update Primark trackers to show buyer engagement and maintain key priorities within Primark
- Creation of Internal process documents in line with business needs
- Work with the inhouse creative team to ensure all buyer briefs are communicated, processed and prioritised in accordance with business needs
- Work with the product development team to ensure all designs are prioritized and third party approved where applicable, buyers are onboarded for systems training and product trackers are maintained
- Ensure timely information sharing with regional and local teams and other departments including requirements / expectations from them to ensure delivery of category objectives
Finance and Business Planning:
- Fiscal responsibility of Primark annual budget planning and quarterly revenue forecasting and monitoring them on an on-going basis
- Analyse business performance of Primark and define growth objectives and strategies – short and long term
- Support the contractual negotiation (and re-negotiate) process
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Understanding of brand and property positioning, retail business development function, retail distribution and the retail environment
- In depth knowledge of the Fashion and Home industries with an understanding of Europe and other key regional markets
- Knowledge of the licensing industry preferable
- Proactive, strategic and creative thinker
- Flexible/ability to adjust to changing business environment
- Relationship builder
- Excellent communication & presentation skills
- Strong sales and negotiation skills
- Team Player
- Driven, passionate and highly motivated
- A sociable personality