** NOTE: ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE MADE USING THIS LINK **
Penguin Ventures, the licensing and consumer product division of Penguin Random House, is looking for an ambitious and innovative E-commerce Manager to ensure our brands are supported and elevated to drive traffic and sales more than ever before.
About Penguin Ventures
We’re off the page and on an adventure.
We take our iconic literary brands and characters: Peter Rabbit, The Snowman, Spot, Flower Fairies and more, and take them on new adventures. Anything you see – whether that’s on products, at retail, part of promotions, food and drink, exhibitions or even location-based experiences – that use our brands, has been managed and licensed through our team.
Reporting to the Head of Retail, this role works to ensure a positive online customer shopping experience and effective product placement on our Amazon and direct to consumer platforms.
You will be responsible for, alongside the Head of Retail, developing the e commerce strategy, marketing implementation and building our B2C business by:
- Implementing and managing AMS campaigns, considering key products from licensees
- Optimising all branded Amazon store fronts and developing bespoke marketing activity calendars
- Collaborating with & support licensees with new product launches, online exclusive ranges, promotional campaigns and cross category activations. Drive best in class page listings from partners and be a key point of contact for all e commerce activity
- Managing the relationship with our D2C e comm partner to launch new branded stores, that include print on demand products. Secure marketing collateral internally to support website launches and build a marketing plan to pitch for additional budget for advertising spend
We are looking for someone who understands consumer products and can explain why some products work for certain brands, while others don’t. You certainly don’t need to have worked in publishing before, or even children’s brands however we’d like you to be just as passionate about them as we are! Penguin Ventures is a team of hard-working experts who honour the portfolio and constantly strive to do good, and better.
To succeed in this role, we are looking for someone with:
- Prior experience of working in a customer-focused eCommerce, sales or digital trading role, and dealing with product catalogues across various marketplaces.
- Experience with Amazon Media Services, particularly booking and analysing campaigns,
- Demonstrate ability to build Amazon store fronts and work within Amazon’s advertising platform
- If you have worked with CMS platforms e.g. Shopify, that would be a bonus (but not required)
- Experience in eCommerce copywriting and product catalogue management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to present to different teams internally and externally
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to identify problems, generate solutions, analyse data and report findings
- A solid understanding of key eCommerce KPIs with the ability to analyse data and make recommendations for improvements.
Alongside this, you’ll also be confident using the Microsoft Office suite, specifically Excel and understand EDI and API processes. If you’ve also had experience using HTML and CSS coding, we’d love to hear from you.
This role is varied, and a new one to our business. You can expect to be:
- Managing and constantly refreshing the Amazon stores with new themes/ offers of product ranges and ensuring products are correctly merchandised
- Responsible for ongoing product catalogue management on Amazon, promotional planning around key consumer events like Black Friday, Christmas gifting etc. and ensuring content optimization
- Monthly reporting on sales and marketing campaign performance, providing detailed analysis of KPI’s and profitability to the Head of Retail and Commercial Director
- Working closely with the social and marketing teams to coordinate product launch and promotional campaigns and leverage marketing support within Penguin Random House to support e comm platforms.
- Planning, developing, and executing marketing promotional campaigns throughout the year (including on site, email, social and digital) in collaboration with our agents and partners to ensure all activity is aligned.
- Working with our e comm partner on plans of improvement for our D2C stores in order to increase site efficiency, conversion rates, AOV, customer retention and ultimately improve the customer shopping journey and ensure they are executed by our partner.
- Exploring new areas of eCommerce opportunities for the business to maximise selling potential and unlock direct retailer partnerships
- Managing day-to-day stakeholder relationships of internal departments and external partners, develop relationships with key agencies where necessary to support the growth of e commerce (Shopify, Klarna, Trustpilot, PayPal etc.) and supporting in the maintenance of site integrations and new digital technology plans as needed to ensure a smooth operating procedure.
If this sounds like your next role, please apply HERE with your CV and cover letter by midnight on Wednesday 25th January.
Interviews will commence shortly after.
What you can expect from us:
Salary: Up to £45,000 depending on how your skills and experience align with the role, plus benefits.
While our offices are places to connect, collaborate and celebrate with colleagues, we recognise that flexibility about where you work is just as important for doing your best work and for your wellbeing. For this role, there are meetings and activities that you will need to attend in person at our offices in Embassy Gardens. We are open to discussing the exact balance of office to remote working through the recruitment process.
Our employees are the heart of our business. We have a range of benefits to reflect our commitment to our employees, some of which are:
• 27 days paid holiday entitlement in year one (plus bank holidays), increasing a day each year up to 30 days
• Medical cover
• Life assurance
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Discounted gym membership
• Generous pension scheme
• Summer working hours (role dependent)
• Volunteering policy and charity matching
• Employee Assistance programme
• Mentoring programme
• Extended gender neutral parental leave
• Access to books and eBooks across Penguin Random House UK
• Each site has trained mental health first aiders
• We plant a tree for every new employee to our business
Our creativity is inspired by different perspectives, so we want our culture to be one of belonging, where everyone feels welcome and where differences are celebrated.
As a Disability Confident Committed organisation, we’re part of the offer an interview scheme. This is where disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for the role can opt in to get to the next recruitment stage. There may be some situations where volume of applicants means we can’t take all eligible candidates to interview. We want to make sure disabled applicants can be their best at each step of the recruitment journey. If you need adjustments during the application process, we encourage you to get in touch with us at http://PRHCareersUK@penguinrandomhouse.co.uk. Remember, you only need to share what you are comfortable to for us to support your adjustment request. Find out more about our approach here: www.penguinrandomhousecareers.co.uk/applying-for-roles-with-a-disability
We partner with The Book Trade Charity, who provide financial assistance for people looking to get into the publishing industry; you can find more information and talk directly here: http://booktradeentrysupport.org/
Please note, we are not able to accept agency CVs for this role. Any CVs sent speculatively will not be eligible for a fee.