MGA Entertainment is one of the largest and fastest growing privately held toy and entertainment companies in the world. Headquartered in Los Angeles, and with offices globally, the company creates innovative, proprietary, and licensed consumer products and entertainment properties, including toys, games, dolls, apparel, consumer electronics, home décor, stationery, sporting goods, movies, and television series. The MGA family includes award-winning brands such as L.O.L. Surprise!™, Little Tikes®, Rainbow High™, Shadow High™, Bratz®, MGA’s Miniverse™, Fluffie Stuffiez™ , Na! Na! Na! Surprise™, Micro Games of America™, Baby born® Surprise and Zapf Creation®.
Mission: Complete projects assigned; from initial stage to completion with insight and vision
|Key Result Areas||Time Utilization|
|1.||Provide design expertise in the areas of fashion, character art, layout, and product development; to enhance and maintain quality. Background in fashion with an emphasis on line planning.||60%|
|2.||Partner with internal and external resources, ensuring consistent brand standards and quality is met. Provide vision and brand expertise across all MGA properties.||30%|
|3.||Establish and maintain art styles and techniques and work with management to create retail pitches, & trend/mood boards. Share retail comp shopping quarterly with local/global teams.||10%|
|TOTAL TIME UTILIZATION||100%|
- Degree in Graphics/Design/Art (or equivalent training) preferred and/or min 5 years related work experience
- Demonstrate good judgment and decision making
- Prefer to have thorough working knowledge of structure, perspective, human form, color and composition
- Expert working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Keynote, PowerPoint. Excel is a plus
- Great organizational and time management skills
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Active listener
- Great visualization skills
- Strong communication skills
- Creative problem solver
- Motivated self-starter and proactive thinker/doer in a fast paced environment
- Friendly, people oriented team player willing and able to move from project to project
- Able to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities
- A sense of urgency and a strong, efficient work ethic
- Displays flexibility, a sense of humor and positive attitude
- Well versed in Adobe Creative Suite, & PowerPoint
Key Result Areas and Activities
- Complete assigned projects, achieving project directives with a high degree of independence and creativity.
- Solve problems using critical and creative thinking.
- Demonstrate excellent ability to draw, illustrate and design in various media and styles.
- Have strong knowledge of product development and producing accurate depictions of envisioned product through to final
- Ability to quickly learn and/or master a brand look, feel and style and help team to learn establish look/styles.
- Possess the ability to provide visual interpretations/stylizations of characters appropriate to trends and product needs without compromising brand integrity.
- Ensure art requirements are satisfied while maintaining and/or raising the MGA creative standards.
- Ability to communicate with requestors, art-directors/designers/team members technically and creatively using industry standard terminology.
- Operate with an on-going curiosity about emerging trends in the industry through research, observation, print media, and runway.
- Must be able to spot emerging art/design trends and have flexible art styles and apply to art where applicable.
- Work according to project briefing, creative vision and direction from requestor/Art Director.
- Promote a strong sense of teamwork by working together effectively, respectfully and efficiently.
- Have the ability to handle multiple assignments and changing priorities within a deadline driven environment.
- Bring ideas into action. Offering ideas to accomplish internal and external work resulting in working smarter and producing quality work within MGA’s standards.
- Communicate and liaise with internal teams (PD, packaging, web, licensing, and style guide).
- Follow studio policies and procedures.
- Make sound decisions using MGA’s best practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
** ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE MADE HERE **