Universal Pictures were the first of the modern Hollywood studios, and over their one hundred years, they have been responsible for some of the world’s most memorable feature films. The home of ET, Jurassic Park, Despicable Me, Jason Bourne, Dracula, Bridget Jones, Mamma Mia!, The Mummy, Les Miserables, King Kong and the unstoppable Fast & Furious franchise, to name a few.
Universal Consumer Products EMEA oversees NBCUniversal’s consumer product and digital licensing for Universal Pictures, NBC Television, Focus Features and Sprout Channel. Universal Consumer Products EMEA is part of NBCUniversal. NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a suite of leading internet-based businesses. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
As part of the Brand Development Team, the coordinator supports the Hardlines (toys & loyalty) Category team in helping to deliver the agreed long-term strategy for Universal CP in EMEA & help to deliver a sustainable business that achieves the Company’s annual revenue targets.
FINANCE AND BUSINESS SUPPORT
- Work with Senior Category Manager/ VP and Legal Team to implement licensee data entry, and ensure that a deal critical path – from business plan submission to contract full execution – is handled according to the Company’s timelines & procedures
- Obtain quarterly sales projections from licensees in support of the forecasting process, to provide Category input to the multi-year strategic plan and highlight upsides or sensitivities
- Assist the team in compiling and analysing:
- Retail sell-through information, in preparation of business overview reports and ad hoc analysis as necessary. To become NPD literate & generate monthly analysis
- Competitive Performance Tracking e.g. retail visits etc…
- Maintain a day to day relationship with licensees, CP teams, retailers and agents internationally, keeping the licensees lists/ buyers guides, primetime lists updated, monitoring the status of all activities, collecting relevant data and sharing reports internally.
- Support the Category Managers in facilitating product development, enhancing effective communications with Creative Team, and support licensees adhering to critical path and timelines
- Provide Country, Retail and Marketing teams with any requested licensee/product information, in support of sales pitches, brand presentations, and road shows
RELATIONSHIP BUILDING – EMEA/ INTERNATIONAL/ NA TEAM
- Ongoing liaison with internal market teams & agents providing information and regular updates.
- Work cross category with the Hardlines, PD, Promotions, Franchise & Retail teams and Universal departments to maximise synergy activity and develop promotional opportunities.
- Work with the retail team to identify the key retail partners for your categories. Develop relationships with the decision makers in your key mkts
- Understand key seasonalities and important dates on the retail calendar e.g. Summer for OSC
- Quarterly Store Visits & Reports
- With support from the Senior Manager, develop and handle a limited portfolio of licensees to grow the CP business. Compile licensee performance reports and critically evaluate the licensee base to ensure we have the right amount and best quality partners.
- Direct communication with allocated licensees.
- With support from the Senior Manager, negotiate the best deals (in line with CP guidelines and business objectives) and manage the process from contract to product development and execution.
- Booking meeting rooms and catering
- Expenses & Travel for VP
- Support with Master toy Meetings
- Invite lists – BLE/Nuremberg/LIMA
- Help with organisation for Master toy summits (room booking, screening rooms, catering, NDA’s give aways)
- Help with organization of internal summits (room booking, screening rooms, catering, give aways)
- Toy Fair Planning – Nuremberg and London
- Meeting minutes for the EMEA hardlines call
- Experience in the Licensing or a marketing environment with proven track record of solid analytical reports and sales presentations
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to work under pressure, prioritize, meet deadlines
- Go getting team player with strong communication skills at all levels
- Multi tasker with the ability to be flexible & hit deadlines
- Educated to degree level
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office package (Excel, Word and Power Point)
- Fluent in English, and ideally one important language within the EMEA region