International Licensing Manager
You will work with all of the properties in the Copyrights portfolio to grow the business within assigned territories. Reporting into the SVP, Brand and International Licensing you will be responsible for developing new business opportunities, as well as ongoing account management of the existing business, with both licensees and agents.
- Responsible for the development and management of a network of best in class licensees and agents working across the Copyrights portfolio
- Developing long and short term licensing strategies, per brand and per market, in conjunction with the wider team
- Provide agent support in regular brand updates, contract negotiations, implementation of all licensing deals within assigned territories.
- Work with agents to set financial targets and monitor progress.
- Ensure sub-agents and licensees focus on delivering against the international budget.
- Work with sub-agents to identify opportunities in international territories, and fill gaps by product category and distribution channel.
- Attend some of the key tradeshows to seek out and appoint new licensees and agents, as well as managing existing business.
- Working with the SVP Brand and International Licensing to identify international territories where a licensing agent should be appointed.
- Oversee and manage the coordination between local brand partners (e.g. publishing and film distributors) and agents in respective territories where necessary.
- Ensure all business areas within the assigned territories fit within global brand strategies for each property.
- Be a strong ambassador for our brands, and the company externally.
Skills and Experience
- International licensing agency or brand owner background
- Publishing and/or broadcast background would be a plus.
- Proven experience of working with agents in international territories
- Pitching and negotiation skills with the ability to close deals.
- Strong sales and business development skills with a confident, tenacious and persistent approach.
- Self-motivated, with strong people skills and with the ability to influence and take charge.
- Business agility to support the needs of a growing division.
How to Apply
Please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com
* This role is suitable for home working although the successful Candidate will be required to work from head office based in the Kings Cross area of London, as required.