Position at SEGA European Head Office
BRAND LICENSING TEAM
BASED AT SEGA HQ IN BRENTFORD
REPORTING TO THE PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (EMEA)
A BIT ABOUT SEGA
SEGA is one of the leading interactive entertainment companies in the world, with our European HQ based in West London and our five world-class development studios spanning the UK, France and Canada. Known for quality and creativity above all else, our studios include Sports Interactive, Amplitude Studios, The Creative Assembly and Relic Entertainment.
At the heart of SEGA is our publishing team based at our European HQ, where we help the studios bring their creative vision to life. Here we have a talented team of Tech gurus, Sales extraordinaires, Marketing & PR wizards, QA champions and more.
Together, we drive the continued success and evolution of our Western business.
WORKING THE SEGA WAY
We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we like to look after ours. We enjoy a jam-packed social calendar, super cool offices and top-notch events that everyone gets involved with.
Fitness buff? Get involved in our weekly boxing classes, or maybe even stretch the limbs with a game of ping pong. Foodie? Why not take advantage of Icecream Wednesdays or our fresh fruit every day? Need to find your zen? We’ve got you covered with weekly yoga classes as well as in-house massage therapy (who doesn’t love that?). But that’s only the beginning – we have a gaming area complete with retro arcade games and consoles as well as all the latest stuff, a video games library and flexible working hours to ensure everyone gets to have a life outside of the office! We also hold regular lunch & learn sessions, product launch parties, company updates at the world-famous BAFTA theatre in Central London and Summer and Christmas parties that you’ll want to brag to your mates about! What’s not to love?
Here at SEGA, we have a benefits package to rival the rest. This includes life assurance, income protection, private healthcare & dental insurance schemes and an extremely competitive contributory pension scheme.
As well as the best benefits, we offer competitive salaries and a fantastic bonus scheme so that the team can stay motivated and focussed on making SEGA the best it can be.
We like to look after our people too with discounted gym membership, childcare vouchers, travel season ticket loans, a Ride to Work scheme and a flexible working environment which make us a great place to work.
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Check out our Careers website to find out why we are a workplace you’ll never want to leave!
The Junior Graphic Designer is a key position within SEGA Europe’s Brand Licensing Team providing a broad scope of design support for the EMEA business across all SEGA IPs. The role will have particular emphasis on ensuring the regional roll out of all creative projects which generate out of the Sonic the Hedgehog Pillar team in the US.
The successful candidate will possess strong all around creative knowledge and ability with a proven track record of having worked across kids and adult consumer products within the Licensing Industry. Knowledge of working within the video game industry or children’s TV would also be of benefit. Working within a team of licensing professionals, this role would vary on a day-to-day basis.
- Working to a defined creative strategy, take the lead for the EMEA Licensing Team in the design and development of all local marketing collateral including sales decks, brand booklets, retail point-of-sale designs, product mock-ups, social/digital content, and trade fair presence
- Develop bespoke direct to retail designs for licensees using both style guide assets and own art creations
- Develop bespoke instore concepts to support licensing team in securing retail listings and activations
- Liaise with SEGA international offices to get approval as needed on individual projects
- Manage personal workflow and ensure all parties are aware of pending time lines, providing regular status updates to the team
- Support Sonic creative heads in the planning, creation, and management of Consumer Products style guides
- Monitor licensing trade and make recommendations to the business based on current trends and innovations launching in the market place
- Support sales teams with bespoke product concepts and ideas
- Develop bespoke art to support trade ads and features within trade press
- Support PD Manager with flow and communication of product approvals to Licensees
- Carry out various art working duties as directed by Director of Brand Licensing
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience working with outbound licensing on Consumer Products and creative
- Design degree and/or experience working on entertainment brands. Preferably both
- Web design experience is a plus, including knowledge of HTML, CSS, WordPress & SEO
- Expert product design and layout skills, with the ability to preflight for direct to press print production
- Strong design skills with a modern flair and an eye for impactful brand expression
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to receive input from different departments and find common ground solutions
- Tenacity to complete big projects and ensure high quality throughout
- Ability and desire to work closely with team members and international offices
- Well informed of emerging technologies in new media, particularly design programs such as InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, 3ds Max, Acrobat, Dreamweaver and Flash
* * TO APPLY FOR THIS ROLE, PLEASE FOLLOW THIS LINK * *