Join the tonies® family
We are tonies® – the largest interactive audio platform for kids in the world. We are on a mission to bring the magic of stories to children, without a screen in sight. So far we have sold more than 3.7 million Tonieboxes and 44 million Tonie figurines worldwide – and this is just the beginning of our journey. We’re fortunate to have all the benefits of a start-up – think fast-paced dynamic work culture, lots of autonomy and growth – along with the resources and stability that comes with being a publicly listed company. We have built an exceptional team in the UK. Our team members joined us from Universal, CBeebies, Boots, Tangle Teezer, etc. With triple-digit growth rates, we are expanding fast and looking for fantastic talent to join our amazing team in London.
We need you!
We are looking for an ambitious Junior Portfolio Manager to expand our portfolio of Tonies and content. Working closely with UK Portfolio team and your international counterparts, you will help to shape the future of the Tonies portfolio, including leading the figurine development process for all UK Tonies and playing an integral role in selecting audio content. You will be joining an amazing team in a high-performing, fast growing business. The role is available asap and you’ll be reporting into our Head of Portfolio UK/IE
What you’ll be doing:
- Product development: you will lead the development of all Tonie figurines, working closely with tonies internal design teams and licensors to bring iconic characters from books & screen to life, as a Tonie
- Project management: ensure all product development deadlines are met, to ensure every Tonie launches on schedule. You will work with multiple different teams, as well as being the main point of contact for licensor approvals
- Account management: Together with the Head of Portfolio, prepare business proposals, pitch new licensors, and negotiate deal terms. Manage the day-to-day relationships with licensors, including creating presentations, newsletters and marketing initiatives
- New ideas: Recommend new potential licenses & opportunities and contribute creative ideas towards the creation of original and licensed content
- Use research, data and consumer insights to inform all aspects of your work. Regularly review product performance & share key insights with the wider team
- Be the source of all knowledge for our product portfolio: maintain all tracking documents and act as the “expert” for all teams on our Tonies and content portfolio
- Maintain our library of digital free content
Are you our perfect new colleague?
- You have experience in licensing, ideally in the toy or publishing field, either in a commercial/category management or product development role
- You are excited by kids books & entertainment, with a strong knowledge of what brands make great Tonies
- You have strong project management skills, with the ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize effectively, and to meet deadlines with a sense of urgency
- You are able to think creatively,and you are excited to play a big part in the development of a brand new product category
- You’re collaborative, flexible and willing to ‘roll up your sleeves’– working as part of a small team excites you!
- You’re positive, solutions focussed, and self-motivated
- You take pride in doing great work, providing high levels of service, and building great relationships with everyone locally and globally
- You are excited by dataand can read numbers in an analytical way that helps you and your team to make decisions
- You are a people personand you are not afraid to speak up to share ideas or opinions, shout out about achievements, or challenge the status quo
What do we offer you?
- The chance to seriously influence the product roadmap for a fast-growing company with a proven business model
- Become part of a close-knit team with a fun-packed social calendar. From karaoke to go-karting we have done it all.
- Hybrid working: we have a mixed model of office and home working. You can WFH 3 days a week. For up to 4 weeks per year, you can also choose to work from abroad.
- Base holiday: 30 days (+ bank holidays)
- Private Health Insurance, additional pension contribution, advanced maternity leave and well-being perks covered by us
- Company cycle to work scheme – big discounts and spread the cost of a new bike.
- Good coffee, free breakfast and snacks in our new Holborn office – what’s not to like?
- … and so much more
We hear you thinking, what to do if I’m interested?
As soon as we have received your CV and cover letter, and see a match, we will schedule a call with you for a quick introduction. If all of us would like to proceed, you will meet some more members of the local and global team. We will schedule the interviews one after the other quickly, in order to let you know as fast as possible if you can start at tonies® UK!
tonies® is committed to being an inclusive and diverse employer and we welcome applications from all sections of society. We believe in the potential of everyone, regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, physical ability, social background, age, nationality, marital, domestic, or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or whatever difference that makes you you.