Job Title: Licensing Associate Softlines
Department: Consumer Products
Reports to: Senior Manager Consumer Products
Salary & Benefits: Competitive
Type: Fixed Term Contract, 6-9 Months
Mattel UK prides itself on being led by its people in the FMCG industry. We look for people that are excited by a challenge, want to be rewarded for performance and who are motivated to make things happen.
Supporting the Mattel vision, we have 140 dedicated employees based at our UK office in Maidenhead, Berkshire where “we inspire wonder in the next generation to shape a brighter tomorrow”.
We strive to create an environment that fosters creativity and talent, enabling our people to bring to market some of the most popular and well-known brands in the toy industry. Our people are the driving force behind our brands, and much like our brands, our people need development and growth opportunities. With a passion for play, a desire to grow, fairly and together; we deliver Big Brands and Big Opportunities.
Purpose of Position
Management of key softline categories in line with global and regional brand & category priorities. Manage the day-to-day licensing business relationships with softline partners, identify pitch and negotiate new business opportunities, and day to day liaison with internal & external stakeholders. Category leader for assigned categories, for the UK. Categories include, but not limited to: Homeware, Lunchware, Greetings, Gifting and Health & Beauty
- Manage existing licensing deals and licensee relationships and gather specific category & retail information
- Conduct quarterly business reviews and track financial goals
- Secure new licensing deals and negotiate renewals
- Negotiate deal terms and submit for legal drafting ensuring all relevant approvals have been gathered and all information required is present and correct
- Liaise with the legal team and licensee on contract drafting
- Research identify and pitch new category opportunities and prospective clients
- Work closely with the Product Development, Creative and Quality & Assurance teams on getting first class product to market
- Work closely with Retail Development, Digital, PR, Regional Franchise and Local Brand teams to develop joint business plans.
- Implement marketing and promotional strategies in liaison with internal & external stakeholders
- Act as category lead for assigned categories for the region
- Manage extension of local deals into additional Europe countries
- Work with Global CP to approve and include UK within global deals
- Gather and share category best practice from across the Europe region, with local teams
- Help find innovative ways to grow the business
- Prepare brand pitch and marketing presentations across Mattel’s IP portfolio of brands
- General coordination of the team, in order to ensure the efficient running and effective working of the team
- Attend Trade Fairs or category specific shows
Internal Working Relationships:
- Regional Franchise Brand Teams
- Local Europe Consumer Products teams
- UK Local Brand Activation Teams
- UK Local Consumer Products Retail Team
- Europe Consumer Products Creative Team
- Europe Consumer Products Quality & Assurance Team
- UK Digital Team
- Global Consumer Products Team
External Working Relationships:
- Trade Shows
Skills and Competencies
- Personable, enthusiastic and confident, able to build good relationships
- Must have passion for product development, a creative eye
- Demonstrate awareness of current market trends and an interest in consumer products
- Must be commercially aware
- Effective negotiation and good presentation skills
- Excellent organization and communication, with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent project management skills.
- Good numeracy skills.
- Strong ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Team player, flexible, pro-active and self-motivated with the desire to help drive the business forward
- Degree in Marketing or similar or equivalent experience
- 2+ years and areas of experience in either e-commerce, digital marketing, online promotions, design, social media, advertising. Experience on the digital/marketing/merchandising side of an FMCG company, an e-tailer or agency would be a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Marketing or Business, or a related field. In addition, we will welcome someone with a design related qualification.
- Ideally have a few years’ experience within the Licensing industry. Will consider candidates with other relevant experience.
- General knowledge of licensing industry, ideally in children’s branded consumer products
- General Knowledge of the retail landscape
- Confident in Microsoft Office (Work, Excel, Power Point)
- Adobe Suite Illustrator/Photoshop is desirable
TO APPLY FOR THIS ROLE, CLICK HERE.
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE MADE BY FOLLOWING THIS LINK.