Leading children’s and adults’ licensed accessories and private label manufacturer seeking a seasoned Director of Licensing.
Oversee all areas of licensing with a focus on business development and strategy on acquiring new licenses and managing existing partners.
Identify, research, and evaluate lifestyle and entertainment brands for new business opportunities.
Strong financial and legal acumen required.
- Negotiate and execute all new agreements from outreach and proposals to fully executed contracts
- Current business – negotiate and execute renewals and amendments
- Serve as the primary point of contact for day to day business including approval management and licensing business
- Financial analysis of new and current licenses (sales vs MGs) with an eye on mitigating any shortfalls
- Prepare all sales forecasts and oversee royalty reporting and other financial reporting
- Manage a licensing team for product development, sell-in and sell-thru reporting, ASINs, UPC reports
- Maintain positive relations with licensors, providing timely and attentive responses to development concerns
- Provide oversight for internal and license contracts, monitoring term adherence and re-negotiation opportunities.
- Work closely with Creative team to create on-trend and on-brand development
- Work cross-functionally with Sales and Finance
- Meet with licensors on a monthly/quarterly basis to provide updates on their brands
- Provide sales, creative, and retail updates on each specific brand
- Prepare annual marketing plans as requested by Licensors
- Attend trade shows, industry and licensor meetings as necessary
Must be a motivated self-starter, entrepreneurial and be able to excel at multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
Salary based on experience.