Job Title: Licensing Manager
Business Unit: Global Licensing
FLSA Status: Full Time, Salary on application
Reports to: Senior Director Outbound Licensing
Location: London, Highbury – Hybrid
Jazwares, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is a leading global toy manufacturer with an award-winning, robust portfolio of wholly owned and licensed brands. Founded in 1997, Jazwares celebrates imaginative play with a progressive focus on identifying new and relevant trends to transform into high-quality products for consumers of all ages. Jazwares engages consumers through innovative play experiences with popular brands such as Squishmallows, Pokémon, Star Wars, CoComelon, Fortnite, AEW, Adopt Me!, Hello Kitty, and many more. In addition to toys, offerings also include Metaverse gaming, costumes, and products for pets. Headquartered in Sunrise, Florida, Jazwares has offices worldwide and sells its products in more than 100 countries. For more information, visit www.jazwares.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
The Licensing Manager UK/EMEA will be responsible for maximizing revenue and growing market share by securing product licensing deals across Jazwares-owned brands including Squishmallows in line with global licensing strategy.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Day-to-day management of UK & EMEA-based licensees across multiple categories, including, full contract negotiation and management, joint business planning, forecasting, and support in driving marketing plans and retail placement.
- Gather and present timely forecast requests. Analyse and maximize forecasts by Licensee, tracking MG’s shortfalls and overages and highlighting any areas of concern. Validating the Royalty report quarterly.
- Work closely with local and global brand and product teams to agree on line plans per partner and ensure best-in-class products and timely development and approvals.
- Undertake regular gap analysis – Identify trends and gaps in the market and product to ensure our brands are at the forefront of new development. Identify new potential partners and pitch new business in line with global strategy.
- Facilitate relationships with key internal stakeholders including brand, legal, finance, sales, and PD. Ensure ongoing communications with brand and marketing to ensure our partners have the latest and greatest sales tools. Keep internal sales and marketing teams up to speed with new product and category launches to maximize brand share of voice at retail.
- Build and maintain relationships with key European retailers to ensure a retail-first approach with products and licensees.
- Keep up with market trends and represent the company at key summits, trade shows, and conventions.
- Provide ad hoc support to the global licensing team as needed.
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
Education/ Years of Related Experience:
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience in licensing for consumer products
- University degree preferred
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Docs and the ability to learn new systems
- Strong written communication skills and comfortable with communicating cross-functionally to a variety of teams and partners, including all levels of management
- Ability to work on multiple projects and manage time according to priorities
- Positive, solution-oriented attitude; self-motivated and willingness to be a team player
- Negotiating Skills, Business Strategy , strategic planning, account management, business development.
Closing date for applications: 27 October