At Hearst UK, there’s always more to the story. Join us as our Product Development Lead to start the next chapter in your career, reporting in to the Group Editorial Director, Hearst Homes.
We’re the UK’s leading premium publisher, and the people behind iconic media brands such as Cosmopolitan, Elle, Good Housekeeping, House Beautiful and Country Living. We’ve created a working environment that encourages everyone to pull together. We never stop looking for brave new ideas. We’ll always try to develop and improve, we trust each other to do our best, and we have fun as we build on our heritage to make history.
Follow THIS LINK to apply for this role.
ABOUT THE ROLE
To support Hearst in becoming the No 1 Licensor in the Homes category UK through outstanding creative execution, best in class product development and by building trusted relationships with existing and new licensees. To never settle, winning awards for creativity in product design and innovation.
Internally: Daily contact with the Group Editorial Director/Homes, the Head of Licensing and the internal licensing team members, print and digital editors and editorial & styling experts. Frequent contact with other brand extension teams: events and marketplace, to understand the ongoing activities across the eco-system of each brand. Regular engagement with the commercial colleagues across the wider Hearst network when required. Externally, frequent engagements with licensing partner teams, trend forecasters, brand specialists, designers and suppliers.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Read the magazines, websites, social networks and immerse yourself in the brand eco system to understand the brand purpose, values, tone of voice and creative execution.
- Establish the licensing creative brand blueprints for all homes product development. Lead, oversee and deliver all visual work and brand guidelines relating to licensing ranges and products, ensuring consistency of brand design and quality control.
- The creative development of home and lifestyle product ranges with all Hearst homes licensing partners, ensuring that each Hearst brand owns a unique identity and positioning and that the product offer with each partner is differentiated for each brand.
- Collaborate closely with the licensing team and the licensees to ensure that every range and product is on brand and commercially viable.
- The role is both pro-active and reactive and you will be expected to pro-actively bring new ideas to the partnerships as well as reacting to and developing proposals and development ideas that come from the licensing partners.
- Produce 2/3 seasonal trend reports per year to share with licensing partners.
- Produce style mood boards and product inspiration lists to collaborate on the development of new products.
- Take responsibility for the naming conventions of new products and ranges.
- Working with the licensing team, take responsibility for the briefing of Hearst marketing support to designers and copywriters.
- Work on new partner pitches with product ideas and creative execution.
- Keep abreast of new homes and lifestyle trends.
- Regularly review competition product ranges and ensure we are ahead of them.
- Creatively develop associated marketing collateral in an ongoing and collaborative way
- To play an active role in at internal meetings.
- Creative brand/retail experience or a background in interior design and styling
- Collaborative approach and ability to remain calm under pressure
- Familiarity with a Mac and design tools such as InDesign, Photoshop and Powerpoint and Excel
- Demonstrable experience creating trend reports and moodboards
- Proven awareness of the homes and interiors market with familiarity of brands, retailers and high performing product ranges
- A passion for newness with a keen eye for innovation
- Experience working with creative, inspiring freelance contributors
- Ability to build excellent relationships with industry contacts
- Ability to forge excellent working relationships with both editorial and commercial teams within the brand, with our licensing partners and throughout Hearst
WHAT WE OFFER
At Hearst UK, you can choose from a huge range of perks and benefits that can help you learn well, work well and live well including:
- 25 days’ holiday (with the option to buy up to 5 additional holiday days)
- Flexible working – we’re happy to discuss options!
- Discounted gym membership
- Healthcare cash plan
- Spend a charity day with your favourite good cause
- Life assurance and pension scheme
- Regular socials and more!
There’s more to your story than you imagine. And the next chapter begins right here.
Follow THIS LINK to apply for this role