Fluid World: Think Differently
Fluid World believe in brands and brand development is at the heart of what we do. Building brands is all about pushing for growth into new categories, retail environments and territories and relationship building. At Fluid World we are at an exciting time for growth and global opportunities and are looking for a new Product Development Manager to embark on that journey with us!
Our key property is Pusheen the Cat, who has just hit 16.7 Billion gif shares! Which is a growth of over 5 Billion in 2020 alone. To apply for this role, we need you to love Pusheen just as much as we do! To fully immerse yourself in her world and create beautiful products, develop new ideas and take the brand in exciting new directions.
- Manage licensed product development projects across hardlines and softlines product categories.
- Liaise frequently with licensees and retailers to continually build relationships.
- Work with exciting brands such as Funko, Loungefly and DTRs such as H&M, EMP and the LPP group.
- Proactively identify new opportunities within product development and any process improvements. Implement these new opportunities by developing strategies, principles and guidelines with internal and external partners.
- Manage all product development from initial trend research, conceptualising, range planning, sampling, packaging design to final product approval.
- Can provide clear and concise direction on trends, graphic composition, typography and communicating this through draw-overs and clear art direction that guide partners to follow brand guidelines.
- Have well-versed knowledge of all manufacturing and printing processes.
- Monitors market trends and completes regular market research to present back to internal and external teams
- Create all presentations needed for meetings including style guides, pitch decks, packaging.
- Regularly present new concepts to internal and external stakeholders.
- Trade Show/ Exhibition planning. Be able to project manage, deliver and create exhibition stands.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Considerable experience in a product development role across hardlines and softlines.
- Proven track record in a previous product development role and awareness of licensing processes and brand protection.
- Mac proficient and advanced skills in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft applications.
- Previous Graphic Design experience and has thorough knowledge of print and colour breakdowns, vector asset creation and layout.
- Strong time management and project management skills – can multitask many projects at one time to a high standard.
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written.
- As we manage licensing throughout Europe, a knowledge of European licensees would be desirable. There will be opportunity to visit licensees in Europe and the UK.
- Flexible and able to find compromise in challenging situations.
- Has an understanding of social media and marketing.
- Has an understanding of commercial licensing processes including reading royalty reports, contracts and identifying trends and patterns in sales results.
- Confident presenting style – can present new concepts and ideas to Senior level partners and licensees/ retailers.
- Highly organised, resourceful and a proactive self-starter.
- Enjoy working in a busy, deadline driven, creative environment.
- Loves Pusheen!
To apply, please send your CV and Covering letter outlining why you’d be perfect for the job and your current salary to Chrissy@fluidworld.co.uk
We are excited to hear from you!