Blue Zoo Animation is looking for a Product Development Manager to join our Licensing Team. You’ll be responsible for ensuring the approval processes are implemented and strictly adhered to and creative execution on all product ranges are best in class. Liaising with the executive team, licensees, agents and designers on cross-territory brands, the role requires strong experience, creativity, attention to detail and drive. A great opportunity to join a newly formed and growing in-house licensing team and be involved in implementation of systems and processes and grow with the team and the company.
Day to Day:
- Develop a seasoned development team to work hand in hand with licensees managing creative output, ensuring product innovation, brand consistency and compelling execution within a commercial context.
- Responsible for managing the end-to-end, approvals process, and delivering innovative brand-appropriate products to market.
- Oversee the team who will manage approval processes of all licensees across all international territories.
- Ensure licensees are provided appropriate creative assets for product development, developing new assets as required against the specific needs of the category and inputting into style guide needs.
- Manage the creative output of partners including the appropriate sign off.
- Onboard and run sessions with new/existing Licensees providing updates on processes.
- Drive Licensee brand engagement by conducting style guide refreshers and offering your brand expertise.
- Own the management of the physical samples as well as cataloguing and inventory of all samples for future needs of tradeshow, sales meetings and other PR opportunities.
- Drive trend and retail research, share and apply – to maintain an up-to-date knowledge of competitive landscape, product, price and retail trends for the market.
- Lead product presentations to key licensees, retailers and internal leadership several times per year.
- Deliver weekly updates to the Licensing Team including reports noting Licensee developments, status and asset updates.
- Manage and review quarterly Licensee reports highlighting designs in selection and those that have been selected.
- Proactively manage Licensees range development ensuring to identify gaps in article development and/or standard of execution.
- Identify style guide gaps and Licensee needs in line with the wider Creative Services team.
- Advanced knowledge of Mac OSX, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work across numerous product categories.
- A good understanding of consumer product categories and their production limitations
- Previous experience in design, merchandising or licensing industry.
- Ability to build strong and effective working relationships with various stakeholders across functions/countries.
- Confident communicating and presenting to internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate a clear change in design/direction whilst managing all stakeholders.
- Wider knowledge of licensing and product/design trends and a natural interest in consumer products.
- A proactive, solution driven mindset to deliver against deadlines.
- The ability to juggle multiple projects, with excellent attention to detail and able to remain calm under pressure.
- Independent, proactive, and organised self-starter.
- Comfortable working remotely/hybrid and leading a remote/hybrid team.
- Some travel required.
- Experience in education/educational/edutainment brands an advantage.
- Demonstrable understanding of pre-school audiences and pre-school product ranges.