Based at Sega HQ, Brentford, West London.
Hybrid – 2 days per week in the office, 3 days flexible.
SEGA employees are passionate about entertaining the world with creative, innovative experiences, while being part of a vibrant gaming community. We are a global company with the resources to match, coupled with a place where everyone knows each other on a first-name basis, working together to create innovative experiences, one community at a time.
SEGA of America (SOA) is one of the leading interactive entertainment companies in the world, with its HQ based in Irvine, California, and a dedicated EMEA publishing team in London. As Retail Development Coordinator you will support the Senior Retail Development Manager on the execution of the retail strategy for Sonic the Hedgehog and other SEGA intellectual properties. In this exciting new role, you will have the opportunity to work closely with agencies, maintain timelines, facilitate marketing plans, manage communication with partners and retailers, and coordinate various administrative tasks.
We believe that delivering the best games relies on having the best people, so we are constantly investing in our people through our benefits package, flexible working, and our community-focused, people-centric culture. Our industry-leading compensation and benefits include competitive salary and bonus schemes, private medical insurance, private dental insurance, health screening, electric car scheme, home technology scheme, Microsoft package discounts, and much more!
You have some experience in a licensing or retail buying role and will have worked with a variety of licensed product including toys and apparel. You are highly organised, and thrive working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, working both independently and as part of a team. Essentially, you are curious with an appetite for learning and a passion for licensing and entertainment.
- Manage timelines for multiple projects, ensuring timely delivery of assets, approvals, and other details.
- Facilitate marketing and social plans with retailers and select licensees.
- Collaborate with agencies to plan, develop, and execute retail strategies in coordination with the Senior Retail Development Manager.
- Update and maintain a comprehensive retailer contact database.
- Collect key retail placement information from licensees and contribute to the completion of quarterly reports.
- Create and distribute regular email updates to retail buyers and licensees.
- Coordinate and track requests for purchase orders, non-disclosure agreements, invoices, payments, etc.
- Serve as a liaison between SEGA and select partners/retailers.
- Arrange and participate in on-site and off-site business meetings and tradeshows with licensees (some travel may be required).
- Assist in updating brand presentations.
- Coordinate the processing of Direct-to-Retail (DTR) contracts from deal memo to approval.
- Handle miscellaneous administrative tasks as needed.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- 2+ years of relevant experience in retail buying, ideally with knowledge of licensed product.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to engage effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Adaptable with excellent prioritization abilities.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, and able to work efficiently both independently and as part of a team.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Motivated to perform routine administrative tasks.
- Professional and able to handle sensitive information with confidentiality.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Our Commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging:
At SEGA, we celebrate diversity and believe in a diverse, inclusive, and equitable world in which everyone feels valued and respected regardless of what they look like or where they come from. Whether you’re a prospective employee or a full-time member of staff, we want you to feel involved and supported in all aspects of our work and to have amazing opportunities during your time with us regardless of your background. We welcome people regardless of age, race, ethnicity, disability, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, neurotype, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave.
SEGA is a place where staff have a voice which is integral to our success as a business. Our inclusive, passionate people are empowered to educate, inform, and build awareness through our inclusion and wellbeing staff led values groups which include DEN (Disability Employee Network), RISE (Reinforcing Inclusion through Solidarity and Equality), Women at SEGA, PRIDE, SEGA Minds (group supporting mental health), Momiji (group that celebrates our Japanese heritage, language, and culture) and VIBE (our social and engagement committee).