Division: Discovery Global Enterprises
Department: Discovery International Consumer Products
Reports to: SVP Licensing EMEA
Discovery Consumer Products builds alliances with the world’s most respected manufacturers and retailers to create compelling products and experiences under Discovery Communication’s brands and properties that aim to engage our fan base and introduce new consumers to our brands. The Sales Manager is responsible for developing and overseeing the licensing business for the Eurosport Brand and other brands when allocated, and wholley owned events e.g. “World Touring Car Championship” across the EMEA and potentially Global markets where it makes sense.
- Build a robust, profitable Adult and Childrens sports and Lifestyle business featuring the Eurosport Brand across the International markets.
- Negotiate traditional as well as co-Brand partnerships that enhance the Eurosport Brand positioning across multiple retail platforms.
- Work closely with the Eurosport Marketing and Ad Sales teams across EMEA to ensure accurate information is supplied to licensees and retailers on tent pole sporting events to ensure optimum Brand exposure to increase sales potential.
- Maintain close working relationship with Ad Sales teams to “piggy back” client opportunities where relevant.
- Develop category strategies and initiatives that will drive growth across the brand to include: industry and competitor analysis, brand positioning, and creative, product, marketing, publicity/promotional, retail and roll-out plans.
- Set financial goals by category, working closely with the other regional Sales Managers, Finance and Operations.
- Identify possible specialist regional agents where required and work with existing agents to ensure Eurosport is a priority.
- Work with SVP International to assist in identifying opportunities with other Brands within the DGE portfolio.
- Manage at least one region for consumer products and oversee sales and or agents when required.
- Seasoned professional who has served in mid/senior level positions for 5+ years within licensing and business development or retail.
- Prefereably some experience within the sports sector.
- Passionate about sport
- Strategic, visionary, entrepreneurial thinker across multiple categories and brands.
- Demonstrated ability to create and present revenue models to steer successful opportunities through to completion; from ideation and internal vetting, through the legal process, to ensure success post-closing.
- Licensor experience preferred.
- Strong organizational, negotiating and interpersonal skills.
- Strong strategic and analytical abilities.
- University degree in related area or equivalent experience.