The Senior Licensing Associate is responsible for managing a variety of product categories in the UK, Ireland and Nordics by working closely with the Senior Licensing Manager. This includes: identifying the best licensees to partner with for pre-defined product categories, conducting negotiations with existing and new partners, and developing Pokémon licensed products by working alongside the Consumer Product Approval (CPA) team. The Senior Licensing Associate also ensures a strong presence of the Pokémon consumer products at retail by working closely with the TPCi Retail Marketing Team Europe.
- Develop and maintain strong business relationships with new and existing licensees across a variety of product categories (Hardlines and Softlines) in the region.
- Work on the creation of targeted presentations to pitch and support licensing programmes for specific category areas (incl. Promotions).
- Attend and present the Pokémon brand to existing and new partners at trade shows where applicable (Brand Licensing Europe, Spring Fair, etc.).
- Accountable for day-to-day management of allocated accounts. Negotiate business terms and contracts with relevant licensees alongside line manager.
- Ensure timely product approvals in line with licensee needs, anticipate roadblocks and proactively take measures to address them by working closely with line manager and CPA teams.
- Build strong relationships with the Pokémon toy distributors across the region to support Master Toy programme.
- Identify the key retail partners for specific categories, pitch relevant buyers and support licensees to secure shelves space for the Pokémon consumer products in the region.
- Be the key point of contact to the relevant Retail buyers and Merchandise Retail teams. Work alongside the TPCi Retail Marketing Team Europe to ensure timely delivery and successful implementation of retail activations.
- Compile data for internal reporting on unit sales, product development information and licensing updates monthly.
- Assist line manager with the development and implementation of strategic licensing plans to hit revenue targets.
- Research products, brands, and companies for new business opportunities and preparation of strategic plans based on research.
- Provide quarterly business forecasts for allocated accounts.
- Assist line manager with the creation of annual budget and assistance with financial planning.
Marketing And PR
- Event Planning/ Trade shows – Participate and assist with the planning and attendance of annual trade shows and events as necessary. Ensure visibility of our licensed products during trade shows and Pokémon events.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- At least 2 years’ experience in the licensing field.
- Extensive knowledge of the relevant licensed apparel/toys and retail landscapes.
- Proven track record of success.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to interact well with a variety of work groups.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and tight deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Excellent negotiation, deal structuring and analytical skills.
- Proven experience with revenue/profit modeling and sound business judgment.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and presentation skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Degree level.
- This role is based at our Office in Chiswick Park, London.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally.