Senior Licensing Manager (Softlines)
Based at Sega HQ, Brentford, West London.
Hybrid – 2 days per week in the office, 3 days flexible.
SEGA employees are passionate about entertaining the world with creative, innovative experiences while being part of a vibrant gaming community. We are a global company with the resources to match, coupled with a place where everyone knows each other on a first-name basis, working together to create innovative experiences, one community at a time. Our world-class development Studios span the UK, France, Bulgaria, and Canada. Known for quality and creativity above all else, our studios include, Amplitude Studios, Creative Assembly, HARDlight, Relic Entertainment, Sports Interactive, and Two Point Studios.
As Senior Licensing Manager (Softlines) you will manage and oversee all outbound licensing of our proprietary IPs, including Sonic the Hedgehog. You will play a major role within our EMEA Licensing team and will be responsible for helping to shape our licensing strategy in addition to planning and executing our commercial targets. Our Softlines category is set for significant growth with the advent of multiple large global partnerships and a rapidly growing stable of new domestic and international licensees.
We believe that delivering the best games relies on having the best people, so we are constantly investing in our people through our benefits package, flexible working, and our community-focused, people-centric culture. Our industry-leading compensation and benefits include competitive salary and bonus schemes, private medical insurance, private dental insurance, health screening, electric car scheme, home technology scheme, Microsoft package discounts, and much more!
You are a senior licensing professional with significant experience in the softlines category, having worked at a multinational gaming, toy, or entertainment company. You have worked on a large household brand and have a proven track record in devising and driving strategic growth within softlines and retail marketing on a regional basis. Essentially, you thrive working within a dynamic team environment whilst developing excellent relationships with a variety of external stakeholders including licensees and other partners.
- Manage all Softlines categories inclusive of account management, analysing performance and marketing strategy for product sell-in and sell-through.
- Recommend to the Director of Brand Licensing short-term and long-term strategies that enable growth and keep SEGA consumer products ahead of trends.
- Develop, present, and execute detailed category plans in partnership with licensing agents and with the support of Licensing Executive.
- Recommend growth opportunities in new categories and lead the development of pitch materials.
- Compose annual forecasts and growth plans for softlines business, incorporating new business potential and existing partners.
- Define, develop, and pursue licensing opportunities across multiple categories.
- Review licensing contracts, negotiate key business terms with licensees, and work closely with the legal team to finalize contracts.
- Liaise with internal SEGA teams including Marketing, Creative, Animation, and Product Development to ensure Licensing has the latest strategies that may affect licensing programs.
- Other duties: Lead meetings, coordinate programs across all categories, review line lists, respond to the product development team in the case of product submission changes, execute merchandising plans, public relations, and advertising coordination.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- A minimum of 6+ years of related experience, with previous experience in Softlines licensing, toys, and retail marketing.
- Communication Skills: Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to interact well with internal teams and various personalities; leadership, strategic, and creative thinking skills with an entrepreneurial spirit; ability to manage multiple tasks and tight deadlines with little supervision.
- Project Management Skills: Must be detail-oriented with strong organizational and presentation skills. Must possess a proven ability to multi-task various projects in a fast-paced environment. Should have the ability to self-manage and work efficiently.
- Technical skills: Strong MS Office including Excel spreadsheets, and PowerPoint. Must be familiar with online contract management systems.
Our Commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging:
At SEGA, we celebrate diversity and believe in a diverse, inclusive, and equitable world in which everyone feels valued and respected regardless of what they look like or where they come from. Whether you’re a prospective employee or a full-time member of staff, we want you to feel involved and supported in all aspects of our work and to have amazing opportunities during your time with us regardless of your background. We welcome people regardless of age, race, ethnicity, disability, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, neurotype, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave.
SEGA is a place where staff have a voice which is integral to our success as a business. Our inclusive, passionate people are empowered to educate, inform, and build awareness through our inclusion and wellbeing staff-led values groups which include DEN (Disability Employee Network), RISE (Reinforcing Inclusion through Solidarity and Equality), Women at SEGA, PRIDE, SEGA Minds (group supporting mental health), Momiji (group that celebrates our Japanese heritage, language, and culture) and VIBE (our social and engagement committee).