Senior Licensing Partnerships Manager
At Hearst UK, there’s always more to the story. Join us as our Senior Licensing Partnerships Manager to start the next chapter in your career.
We’re the UK’s leading premium publisher, and the people behind iconic media brands such as Good Housekeeping, Men’s Health, ELLE, Cosmopolitan, Harper’s Bazaar and Country Living. We’ve created a working environment that encourages everyone to pull together. We never stop looking for brave new ideas. We’ll always try to develop and improve, we trust each other to do our best, and we have fun as we build on our heritage to make history
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will play a significant part in helping to fast-track mutual revenue and profit growth for Hearst and its most important Licensees by optimising every element of the partnership for the best commercial outcome. This will involve collaborating on new licensed product development, brand and category expansion, creating and executing sales and marketing opportunities and ensuring the contractual commitments are fulfilled by each party. You will be expected to provide exceptional stakeholder management around a robust growth strategy.
- Create a robust revenue & profit growth strategy for each licensee through the contract period. Agree KPIs on measurement of effectiveness and surpass the targets for each licensee.
- Deliver new product ranges, range refreshes, packaging designs and sales collateral across existing product categories in collaboration with all stakeholders. Use Hearst insight sources to discover audience needs and use to support product development & marketing messages.
- Manage internal approval process behind product, packaging, sales collateral proposed by the licensee adhering to Hearst brand style guidelines ensuring the highest quality at all times.
- Create sales and marketing campaigns around product launches and seasonal peaks. Make the most effective use of budget using all Hearst routes to market.
- Work in collaboration with the editorial and creative teams on content, photography shoots, and sales collateral.
- Maximise discoverability of our brands within Licensee marketing campaigns through non Hearst channels. Ensure our brands are easily discoverable through online searches and on the Licensee websites and social channels.
- Make regular instore visits and report back on quality of in store execution and staff knowledge of our brands with ideas to improve display.
- Expand each partnership into new product categories across more Hearst brands and where relevant collaborate with the Hearst Commercial Team on advertising commitments.
- Ensure contractual deliverables are met by both Hearst, as the Licensor, and each Licensee. Manage contract reviews, negotiations and renewals.
- Set and lead quarterly business reviews with senior stakeholders and ensure all actions happen.
- Own the sales and revenue forecast. Where possible create KPIs through which both parties can measure success and where Hearst can prove marketing effectiveness.
- Create annual satisfaction surveys that measure the satisfaction of both the licensee and Hearst and share findings and opportunities to improve on every level.
- Embed yourself within Licensee operations teams holding regular in-person discussions.
- Create opportunities to develop the commercial beyond licensing.
- To be an ambassador of Hearst UK and its values.
- You may be required to undertake such further duties as your skills, qualifications and experience allow and/or as may be assigned to you from time to time.
- Proven success in partnership management of major blue-chip brands.
- Ability to research macro and micro economic factors and translate these into business opportunities.
- Ability to build growth strategies with strong articulation and insightful, creative presentation skills.
- Think strategically and execute operationally at a senior level.
- Strong relationship builder and problem solver.
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple deadlines and projects.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently under pressure.
- Strategic and analytical thinking.
- Excellent organisation skills, good team player.
- Advanced Excel & Power point skills.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Hearst UK, you can choose from a huge range of perks and benefits that can help you learn well, work well and live well including:
- 25 days’ holiday (with the option to buy up to 5 additional holiday days) – pro-rata for part-time or fixed-term employees.
- Hybrid working model. 3 days a week in our London office.
- Discounted gym membership.
- Healthcare cash plan.
- Spend a charity day with your favourite good cause.
- Life assurance and pension scheme.
- Regular socials and more!
There’s more to your story than you imagine. And the next chapter begins right here.
Hearst UK is deeply committed to using our influential brands to reflect the world we want to live in – one that respects, protects, represents and uplifts the voices and opinions of all people. As a business, we recognise the significant benefits of creativity, collaboration and innovation that comes with diverse teams. Not only is diversifying the voices in our organization the right thing to do, but it also helps us to make powerful and exciting content that can be enjoyed by many more people. This is why we’re working to build a sense of true belonging within our business and foster a culture in which everyone feels heard.