The Consumer Products division of this local Hasbro entity provides services for the licensing business of Hasbro International Inc. (HII). We are currently recruiting for this position, based in the local office in this market.
Senior Category Manager – DTR & New Business – Contract to January, 2020
The main purpose of this role is to drive the growth of Hasbro’s European Fashion & Home business through DTR management and new business.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing the European and global DTR partners to accelerate the growth of Apparel, Footwear, Accessories & Home. (H&M, C&A, Inditex).
- Supporting local teams on local DTR initiatives and creative as necessary.
- Identifying new regional and global partners and gaps within the Softlines and hardlines space across Europe.
To do this you will:
- Set strategy and vision for the European and DTR partners in line with Director
- Negotiate and maintain licensing agreements for regionally managed DTR’s
- Achieve/exceed CP Revenue Targets for DTR’s
- Drive creative: Work closely with regional creative lead and licensees to deliver compelling product
- Meet regularly with DTR retail buyers to pitch and update on Hasbro brands and share creative
- Work with regional brand teams to ensure up to date information is made available for DTR’s and new business pitches and work closely with regional brand leads on specific brand collaboration projects
- Create a point of difference for Hasbro Brands within the competitive licensing landscape
- P&L responsibility: for regional DTR’s (Forecasting & Budget reviews)
- Work closely with Regional apparel leads (North America and APAC) to provide EMEA input into global deals to ensure regional needs are met and leveraged locally.
- In line with Regional Director identify and pitch new business partners and category gaps to deliver the Halo & Cobrand strategy across our franchise brands.
Experience and Skills:
- You will need to have relevant Category Management experience and be available for a contract position
- A background in Apparel, Footwear, Accessories & Home is essential
- Previous DTR licensing experience essential
- Experience of working in soft lines industry and strong understanding of product development and creative
- An understanding of Hardlines preferable
- Confident self-starter, tenacious and persistent.
- Experienced in ownership of account plans, budget and forecasting.
- Excellent presentation & communication skills
- Strong time management & organizational skills
- Positive & creative thinker that can assess & take calculated risks
- Evidence of clear leadership qualities: strategic, ability to make a balanced decision and sound judgement.
- Clear, persuasive, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work within a matrix organisation ensuring key deliverables and targets are achieved
- Able to challenge and bring new ideas and thinking to the business
** ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE MADE FOLLOWING THIS LINK **