PAW Patrol, Stranger Things, SpongeBob products in the running for accolades.
Toy and game design body Mojo Nation has unveiled the finalists for the inaugural Play Creators Awards.
Taking place at London’s Under the Bridge on Monday, September 2, the Play Creators Awards celebrate the achievements of the toy and game designer community, including R&D teams, freelance inventors and design agencies.
Two categories focus on the designers behind licensed toys and games, with products including Alpha’s SpongeBob Squarepants Masterpiece Meme Collection and LEGO Stranger Things in the running for awards.
The nominees in the two categories are as follows:
Toy Designer of the Year (Licensed Product)
- Carlos Mendoza – SpongeBob SquarePants Masterpiece Meme Collection (Alpha Group/Nickelodeon
- Dominic Yard & Gil Zalayet – Thomas & Friends Track Master Dragon Escape Set (Fisher-Price)
- Fuse London Ltd & Spring Loaded Concepts – PAW Patrol Ride N Rescue Range (Spin Master/Nickelodeon)
- Jo Gough – Count With Peppa (Trends UK/eOne)
- Justin Ramsden – LEGO Stranger Things: The Upside Down set (LEGO/Netflix)
- Mike Wyatt & Matthew Wright – RNLI Inshore Lifeboat Play-set (Playpress Toys/RNLI)
Game Designer of the Year (Licensed Product)
- Andrew Wolf & USAopoly – Thanos Rising (USAopoly/Disney)
- Big Potato – Blockbuster: The Game (Big Potato/Blockbuster)
- James M. Hewitt & Sophie Williams – Hellboy: The Board Game (Mantic Games/Dark Horse Comics)
- Kristian Osterby, Nick Fallon, James Sheahan & Rob Harris – Kung Fu Panda: The Board Game (Modiphius Games/Universal)
- Open 2 Design – Rubik’s Cage (University Games/Rubik’s)
- The Fantastic Factory – Monopoly Cash Grab (Hasbro)
Panels of expert judges, comprised of R&D execs, freelance inventors and figures from design agencies and invention studios, will assess each category in roundtable sessions, before deciding on the winners.
“We’re over the moon with the enthusiasm our inaugural Play Creators Awards has been met with, and our finalist line-up highlights the wealth of design talent working in the industry today,” said Billy Langsworthy, co-founder of Mojo Nation. “Congratulations to all the finalists, and we look forward to seeing you at the Awards in September for what promises to be a brilliant night.”
To find out more information on the Play Creators Awards, simply click on this link.