Licensing International honours winners at glittering ceremony in Melbourne.
Licensing International has named the winners of the 2019 Australian & New Zealand Licensing Awards.
The winners picked up their trophies during a glittering ceremony held last week at the Sandringham Yacht Club in Melbourne. Over 250 guests packed into the Club to find out the recipients of the Retail, Product and Licensing accolades.
The Original Wiggles (Anthony Field, Murray Cook, Greg Page, Jeff Fatt) were inducted into the Licensing International Australia & New Zealand Hall of Fame to a standing ovation by 2018 Half of Fame Inductee Fred Gaffney.
In addition, Licensing International Australia also introduced a new Australian Brand of Distinction Award which was awarded to May Gibbs which celebrated 100 years in 2018.
The winners are as follows:
- Best Retailer for Licensed Products: Peter Alexander for Harry Potter (Warner Bros. Consumer Products Australia)
- Best Online Retailer: BlackMilk for Harry Potter (Warner Bros. Consumer Products Australia
- Best Retail Marketing Campaign: Big W for the L.O.L. Surprise Treasure Hunt Activation (MGA/Haven Global – pictured)
- Apparel, Accessories and Soft Lines Licensed Product or Campaign of the Year: Minnie Mouse Range for Review Kids by DesignWorks (Disney)
- Hard Lines (including publishing and paper goods): Toy Story 4 Ooshies XL by HeadStart (Disney)
- FMCG/Live Events: Nickelodeon Takes Over Pacific Fair by Showtime Attractions (Viacom Nickelodeon Consumer Products/Haven Global)
- Licensed Product or Campaign Innovation: The Block Special Edition Monopoly (Hasbro) and The Wiggles: Fun Time with Faces App by Weyo
- Infant or Preschool Licence of the Year: Sesame Street (Haven Global)
- Girls Licence: JoJo Siwa (Viacom Nickelodeon Consumer Products/Haven Global)
- Boys Licence: Marvel Avengers Endgame (Disney)
- Digital, Corporate or Food & Beverage: Bundaberg Rum (Diageo/Asembl Brands)
- Fashion, Sports or Lifestyle: NRL Magic Round (VBM)
- Hall of Fame Inductee 2019: The Original Wiggles (Anthony Field, Murray Cook, Greg Page, Jeff Fatt)
- Heritage Brand of Distinction 2019: May Gibbs (Merchantwise)