Shortlist for the prestigious product categories confirmed for September’s big night.
The finalists in The UK Licensing Awards Product categories have been confirmed.
The judging for the category took place at the Emirates Stadium earlier this month. Some 5,000 licensed products were entered into the awards this year and all were put on display in their relevant categories.
140 retail buyers judged the entries, individually selecting which five products they considered the best in each category.
Reflecting the broad retail base of licensed products, the judging panel this year included buyers from right across the retail spectrum including Argos, Asda, Blue Diamond Group, Fat Face, Forbidden Planet, Groupon, Harrods, House of Cards, Intu, Jojo Maman Bebe, John Lewis, Laura Ashley, M&Co, Marks & Spencer, Matalan, Paultons Park, Pep & Co, Photobox, Primark, Sainsbury’s, Shop Direct, Specsavers, Stanfords, Tesco, WH Smith, Blue Inc, Character.com, Dixons Carphone Warehouse, Geek is Chic, Morrisons Nutmeg, M&Co, Blackpool Pleasure Beach, The Entertainer, Toymaster, TruffleShuffle and The Hut Group.
The Licensing Awards 2017 Product category finalists are:
Best Licensed Toys or Games Range
- The LEGO Batman Movie Range from LEGO
- My Little Pony Role Play Toys from HTI
- Nickelodeon Ready Steady Dough Range for The Entertainer from Addo Play
- PAW Patrol Arts & Crafts Range from Sambro
- PJ Masks Toy Range from Flair
- The World of Eric Carle Arts & Crafts Range from Rainbow Designs
Best Licensed Dress-Up or Partyware Range
- DC Super Hero Girls Dress-up for George at Asda from Rubie’s
- Disney Princess Dress-up for Sainsbury’s
- Horrible Histories Dress-Up from RH Smith & Son
- LEGO Batman Dress-Up from Jakks Pacific
- PAW Patrol Party Range from Amscan
- Toy Story Disney Baby Dress-Up from Travis Designs
Best Licensed Preschool Apparel Range (0-5 years)
- Disney Princess Tutus for George at Asda from Paul Dennicci
- The Gruffalo Boy’s Collection for Tu at Sainsbury’s
- Mr. Men Collection from Tobias & The Bear
- Peter Rabbit Collection for Mothercare from Paul Dennicci
- Star Wars Collection from Cooneen by Design
- Winnie the Pooh 90th Range from Matalan
Best Licensed Children’s Apparel Range
- AKID x Good Luck Trolls Footwear from AKID
- Beauty and the Beast Spring/Summer Collection from TVM Fashion Lab
- DC Comics Girls T-shirt Collection for George at Asda
- My Little Pony Girls’ Footwear for Argos from William Lamb
- My Little Pony Nightwear for George at Asda from Aykroyd & Sons
- Pokémon Apparel Range for Next from Fashion UK
Best Licensed Adult Apparel Range
- Barbie Collection for ASOS from Somerbond
- Lon Dunn by Jourdan Dunn Collection from Missguided
- Mr. Men Father’s Day Range from Blues
- My Little Pony Collection for Primark from Bravado
- Pokémon Collection from HYPE
- Pusheen Collection for Primark from Poetic Gems
Best Licensed Written, Listening or Learning Range
- Doctor Who Mr. Men Books from Penguin Random House
- My Little Pony Creative Colouring Books from Hachette Children’s Group
- My Little Pony Magazine from Signature Publishing
- PAW Patrol Range from Parragon Books
- Peppa Pig Alphaphonics Campervan from Trends
- The World of Eric Carle Activity Range from Parragon Books
Best Licensed Paper Products Or Stationery Range
- Ladybird Books for Grown-Ups Greeting Cards from Danilo
- Marvel Notebook Collection from Pyramid International
- My Little Pony Stationery Range from Blue Sky Studios
- Sara Miller Stationery Collection from Blueprint Collections
- Star Wars Greeting Cards from UK Greetings
- Winnie the Pooh Giftwrappings Collection for M&S from Hallmark
Best Licensed Giftware Range
- Despicable Me Backpack Collection from Posh Paws
- Harry Potter Giftware Range from Half Moon Bay
- Marvel Civil War Vintage Army Collection from BB Designs
- Nintendo Gameboy Collection from Bioworld Europe
- Polaroid Gift Range from Fizz Creations
- The Simpsons The Undressed Collection from Skinnydip
Best Licensed Home Décor, Tableware or Housewares Range
- Friends Central Perk Homewares from Pyramid International
- Mickey Mouse Outdoor Summer Collection from Primark
- Slush Puppie Range from Fizz Creations
- Star Wars BB8 Homewares Range from Funko
- Trolls Glow Bedding and Accessories Range from Character World
- V&A Alice in Wonderland Collection from Creative Tops
Best Licensed Food or Drink Range
- Candy Crush Baking Kits from Bakedin
- Crayola Crafty Cooks Range from Fiddes Payne
- The Gruffalo Ice Tusks from Brand of Brothers
- Marmite Range from Kinnerton
- Pusheen Confectionery from Mallow Tree
- Tango Popcorn from Yumsh Snacks
The Innovation Award
- Beauty and the Beast Chip Collection for Primark
- Despicable DM3 Flying Minion Dave from Wow! Stuff
- In the Night Garden Sleep Tight All Night Igglepiggle from Golden Bear
- PAW Patrol UV Pup Top for Morrisons from Bioworld International
- Peppa Pig Colour Changing Raincoat from Squidkids
- VW Retro Fridge Collection from Gorenje
The winners in all categories will be revealed at a glittering ceremony on Tuesday September 12, held in The Great Room of The Grosvenor House Hotel, London.
The finalists in the Retail categories can be found by clicking here.
The Property finalists can be read here.
The finalists in the Licensed Marketing Communications category are available to read here.
The headline sponsor of The Licensing Awards 2017 is Brand Licensing Europe and the awards are officially supported by LIMA.
You can keep up to date with everything to do with The Licensing Awards on Twitter – simply follow @LicensingAwards and don’t forget to use #LicensingAwards 17 in your tweets.
Over 1,400 retailers, licensees and industry suppliers are set to attend this year’s big event. Following the awards, the party will continue with the After Bar Bar at Groovy Wonderland, backed by PowerStation Studios.
Tickets are available from Createvents on 01183 340085 or email email@example.com.