It’s the biggest night in the industry calendar so here’s your last minute checklist of things to remember.
After months of planning, The Licensing Awards is finally here – and last minute preparations are being made to welcome 1,400 of you to The Grosvenor House Hotel in London.
As a handy reminder, below are a few points to remember and look out for on the big night.
We’re looking forward to seeing all of you in your black ties and posh frocks!
- Make sure you bring cash and/or credit cards ready for the big prize raffle, with all money raised going to The Light Fund. There are some great prizes up for grabs this year including a Pizza Making Masterclass in Mayfair (thanks to Nickelodeon), a two night stay at Ashford Castle in Ireland (thanks to National Geographic) and tickets to see England vs Australia at Twickenham (thanks to Pentland Brands) among others. You can check out the full prize list here.
- Make sure your phones are fully charged as there will be loads of photo opportunities… from as soon as you walk in with Bing and Flop and the Barbie entranceway, to when you’re seated at your tables with all the various goodies and through to the Bioworld International casino…
- … and don’t forget to share your photos with us so we can feature you on our Twitter wall, kindly sponsored by emoji. Just use #LicensingAwards18.
- Don’t forget to pocket that Goody Bag voucher – this year’s ‘bulging sack’ will not disappoint.
- Prepare to be dazzled by the many voices of your host for the evening, Rory Bremner. If you haven’t heard his President Trump, then you’re in for a treat.
- Make sure you pack your dancing shoes for Freight Train, who will be entertaining guests following the awards.
- Perfect those poses and head to the Smiffys photo booth for some picture perfect fun.
- Get ready to court lady luck in the Bioworld International casino.
- Did we mention that you’ll need extra stamina for the After Bar Bar? We’re going through until 5am at The Loop Bar…
- Maybe handy to have those hangover excuses ready for the following day – and comp shopping may not cut it!
- Finally, if you see any of the organisers, please buy them a big drink – so much work has gone into making sure that tonight is an exceptional showcase of the licensing industry, rewarding the talent of you, our readers.
If you can’t be with us tonight, you can still follow all the action on Twitter, with the @licensingawards account revealing the winners in real-time.
Source will also offer a round up of all of the winners in a special newsflash straight after the event.