Sound the klaxon, it’s tonight so here’s your last minute checklist of things to look out for.
After months of planning, The UK Licensing Awards is finally here – and last minute preparations are being made to welcome 1,400 of you to The Grosvenor House Hotel in London.
As a handy reminder, below are a few points to remember and look out for on the big night.
We’re looking forward to seeing all of you in your black ties and posh frocks!
- Make sure you have cash or credit cards ready for the big prize raffle, with all money raised going to The Light Fund. There are some amazing – and we really mean amazing – prizes up for grabs this year. Just to whet your appetite, these include a £2,500 travel voucher (courtesy of Bioworld International), a family trip to Dubai and the Cartoon Network Zone at the IMG theme park, a night in Amberley Castle and a five course dinner for two (thanks Nickelodeon) and a personal premiere of Justice League (thanks to Warner Bros.). Check out the full prize list here.
- Charge up your phones – there will be so many photo opportunities, from Bing greeting you as you arrive at the venue, Miraculous masks and My Little Pony headbands on the tables, through to the Karaoke Room (thanks Those Licensing People) and the GB eye Casino. And don’t forget to share your photos with us on social media – simply use #LicensingAwards17.
- Don’t forget to pocket that Goody Bag voucher – this year’s ‘bulging sack’ will not disappoint.
- Prepare to be tickled by Katherine Ryan (not literally though, she wouldn’t be able to get round you all in time), our host for the evening, and cover star of The Sunday Times’ Culture section at the weekend.
- Bring your dancing shoes for Freight Train…
- And maybe bring a spare pair, because this year the party will continue with the After Bar Bar (co-sponsored by PowerStation Studios) at Groovy Wonderland in The Loop Bar. And you don’t need to worry about losing your goody bag – these will be able to be checked into the cloakroom, so there’s no danger of them being mislaid as you boogie the early hours away.
- And finally, if you see any of the organisers, please buy them a big drink – so much work has gone into making sure that tonight is an exceptional showcase of the licensing industry, rewarding the talent of you, our readers.
If you can’t be with us tonight, you can still follow all the action on Twitter, with the @licensingawards account revealing the winners in real-time.
The Source will also offer a round up of all of the winners in a special newsflash straight after the event.