It’s the biggest night in the industry calendar so here’s your last minute checklist of things to remember.
After months of planning, The Licensing Awards is finally here – and last minute preparations are being made to welcome 1,300 of you to The Grosvenor House Hotel in London.
As a handy reminder, below are a few points to remember and look out for on the big night.
We’re looking forward to seeing all of you in your black ties and posh frocks!
- Make sure you bring cash and/or credit cards ready for the big prize raffle, with all money raised going to The Light Fund. There are some great prizes up for grabs this year including a private screening of Love Actually for you and up to 30 friends (thanks to Universal), a trip to Las Vegas (thanks to Expose Travel), tickets to see The Lionesses play Germany in November (thanks to The FA) and a dining experience for four people at Gordon Ramsay’s Savoy Grill (thanks to Rocket Licensing)…
- Meanwhile, our star prize is really something quite special… as part of Smiffys 125-year celebrations, you could win seven nights in Mauritius!
- Make sure your phones are fully charged as there will be lots of photo opportunites… from the magical pre-entranceway and cloakroom experience from Wow Stuff and Warner Bros. Consumer Products, to the Barbie entranceway from Mattel to when you’re seated at your tables.
- … and don’t forget to share your photos with us so we can feature you on our Twitter wall, kindly sponsored by emoji. Just use #LicensingAwards19.
- Don’t forget to pocket that Goody Bag voucher – this year’s ‘bulging sack’ will not disappoint.
- Prepare to laugh heartily as – together with our host, Vernon Kay – we crown the winner of the Beano 2019 Best Joke in Licensing.
- Make sure you pack your dancing shoes for Freight Train, who will be entertaining guests following the awards.
- Perfect those poses and head to the Smiffys photo booth for some picture perfect fun.
- Be sure to check out the Electric Street Racing Zone from Formula E and TSBA Group, where you can race against colleagues to win hospitality tickets to the 2020 London ePrix.
- Get ready to court lady luck in the Bioworld International casino.
- Did we mention that you’ll need extra stamina for the After Bar Bar? We’re going through until 6am at The Loop Bar this year
- It may be handy to have those hangover excuses ready for the following day – and comp shopping may not cut it!…
- Finally, if you see any of the organisers, please buy them a big drink – so much work has gone into making sure that tonight is an exceptional showcase of the licensing industry, rewarding the talent of you, our readers.
If you can’t be with us tonight, you can follow the action on Twitter (@LicensingAwards), while Source will offer a round-up of the winners in a special newsflash straight after the event.