Next invests in JoJo Maman Bébé

Next and a group of finance companies have bought boutique baby goods retailer, JoJo Maman Bébé.

The high street giant – which became the franchise partner for Gap in the UK and Eire in September 2021 – has taken on 44% of the company’s shares, with the other 56% acquired by investment companies managed or advised by hedge fund, Davidson Kempner, reported BBC News.

Founder Laura Tenison will leave the business she founded almost 30 years ago, with current commercial director Gwynn Milligan taking over as chief executive.

JoJo Maman Bébé’s 87 bricks and mortar stores across the UK will continue trading.

Next will also make a £16.3 million investment in the brand using its own cash. It is planning to keep the JoJo brand distinct and grow the business globally using its online shopping infrastructure – such as warehousing and software – supporting JoJo’s physical shops and ecommerce.

It is currently unclear if JoJo product will be sold in Next stores.

“We are excited to see what can be achieved through the combination of JoJo’s exceptional product with Next’s infrastructure and Davidson Kempner as our investment partner,” commented Simon Wolfson, chief executive at Next.

Want to read more news like this? Simply sign up to our daily digest by clicking here. You can also follow @LicensingSource on Twitter and @licensing_source on Instagram.

MORE NEWS
AvatarWayoftheWater500x500
 
The value of the UK music, video and games markets increased for the 11th successive year in 2023, rising 7% to another all-time record of £11.9bn....
Snowtapart500x500
 
Design and illustration brand, Snowtap, together with KJG - which manages the consumer products programme - has appointed Renaissance Licensing as the sub-licensing agent for the US market....
IntimissiAsterix500x500
 
Asterix brand owner Éditions Albert René and Maurizio Distefano Licensing, which manages licensing in Italy for the Asterix brand, have secured a partnership with Oniverse (formerly known as Calzedonia Group) for a menswear capsule collection....
Molang500x500
 
Heathside Trading has further expanded its portfolio, securing a deal with Millimages to become a licensee for Molang in the UK, Europe and US....
YvonneEllenMDay500x500
 
Items in the new collection range from tableware to home décor including mugs, glasses and kitchen accessories....
GiftoftheYear500x500
 
The finalists in the Gift of the Year Awards 2024 have been revealed by The Giftware Association, with licensed products featuring across a range of categories....
Get the latest news sent to your inbox
Subscribe to our daily newsletter

The list doesn't exist! Make sure you have imported the list on the 'Manage List Forms' page.