While always a great annual event, last Thursday’s Northern Light Fund Quiz was truly exceptional, raising £14,500 for the charity, as well as being lots of fun for the 210 members of the licensing community who were part of it.
Held at Hotel Football, at Old Trafford, home of Manchester United, the ‘man of the match’ was David Aykroyd, who kept up the pace as auctioneer, achieved some blistering bids for ‘money can’t buy’ items of signed football memorabilia that had been donated by Manchester United, Arsenal, Tottenham Hotspur, Liverpool, Chelsea and the FA, collectively raising almost £4,000.
On the quizzing front, it was a close run thing to ultimate glory, with the Cooneen My Other Outfit is a Onesie (pictured) team proclaimed the victors, beating Aykroyd’s Bobby Behind team by just one point with the Octane 5 team only a point behind them in third place.
It was a night to remember for Mike Coles, group md of Blues Group who not only clinched the top auction prize of four VIP tickets for the imminent Manchester United v Sevilla match, but his team also had the honour of receiving the Big Pants, for being the lowest scoring team.
Commenting on behalf of the Light Fund’s Northern Committee, Anthony Duckworth, managing director of Dreamtex told LicensingSource.net: “This year’s quiz was a major success. It was brilliant to get the industry together in Manchester and raise over £14,500 for such a great cause, and a great night was had by all. We’re now underway with planning the 2024 Northern Quiz, so watch this space!”
You can check out the photos and download any you like by clicking here.
Check out the full scoreboard below:
- My Other Outfit Is A Onesie (Cooneen) – 74 points
- Bobby Behind (Aykroyds & Sons) – 73
- East Fife 4 Octane 5 (Octane 5) – 72
- We’re Blue, Da Ba Dee, Da Ba Die (Barclays) – 69
- Vanilla Gorillas (Aykroyds & Sons) – 65
- Questionable Characters (Lisle Licensing/Creative Product Solutions) – 64
- Wonder-ful Quizzy Party Rascals (The Wonder Group/Bioworld) – 60
- Aguilera (Fashion UK) – 60
- Predictive Ponderers (The Insights Family) – 60
- Blues Absolutely No Clues (Paramount) – 59
- Southern Softies (Start Licensing/Davsco/Saltmarsh Associates/Max Publishing/Bulldog Licensing/Karen Addison Associates/Riverside Brands) – 59
- Witty Team Names Aren’t Our Strong Suit (GB eye/Abysee) – 57
- Red Lorry, Yellow Lorry, Red Lorry, Yellow Lorry (FOCO) – 57
- Ayks & Pains (Aykroyds & Sons) – 57
- Bedheads (Character World) – 55
- Uptown Funko Gon’ Give It To You (Funko) – 54
- Risky Quizness (TDP Textiles) – 54
- The Disco Techs (Misirli) – 54
- The Strays (Roy Lowe/Video Box, Penguin Random House) – 51
- H & AYYYYY Up (H&A) – 49
- Out of the Blue(s) (Blues Group) – 46
Want to read more news like this? Simply sign up to our daily digest by clicking here. You can also follow @LicensingSource on Twitter and @licensing_source on Instagram.