Funko EMEA defies industry trends by outperforming the market across EU5

Funko has continued to show upward growth and mobility across the European market by outpacing the industry in the latest YTD August statistics from Circana.

Across Licensed Toys, Funko is the number three corporate manufacturer in EU5 YTD, with sales up +17%, outperforming a softening market. Funko is over-performing the total toy market in every EU5 country.

Funko sales are up +13% while the Total Toys market is down -4% in France, and +17% in Spain. In Germany, Funko sales almost doubled (+97%).

Funko sales in Action Figures are up +16% YOY while the category is down -5% YTD. Funko remains the number one corporate manufacturer in Action Figures and Funko Pop!, the iconic collectible from Funko is the number one property the same category.

Further highlighting its dynamic catalogue of products, Funko’s newest line, Bitty Pop! soared to number five ranking (EU5) in Action Figures Collectables top brands in the last three months. Regionally, Bitty Pop! become the number three brand in Action Figures Collectables in the UK, Germany, and France. Bitty Pop! was launched in EMEA in July.

Speaking about the company’s success, Andy Oddie, chief commercial officer, commented: “The latest figures from Circana show fans of Funko are engaging with our iconic products like never before. It’s a testament to our hardworking team and our commitment to delivering new and unique products to our fans across Europe. We’re excited about the possibilities that await our business in Q4 and beyond.”

(Source: Circana POS EU5 retail tracker, Value sales, YTD August 23 vs. 22.)

Want to read more news like this? Simply sign up to our daily digest by clicking here. You can also follow @LicensingSource on Twitter and @licensing_source on Instagram.

MORE NEWS
RobynCraig500x500
 
Robyn Cowling joins the apparel licensee as head of licensing, while Craig Moore appointed as head of sales....
Licensing-Source-Book---Square
 
Magic Light Pictures is gearing up for World Book Day on Thursday 7 March as The Gruffalo and Friends and Pip and Posy get ready to bookmark the event with a host of products, promotions and activations....
EmmaHardie500x500
 
Emma Hardie, who is currently commercial director, global entertainment for BBC Studios, will join Aardman in the newly created role of executive commercial and brand director in April....
BLLAS24new500x500
 
There is just one week remaining to get your entries and nominations in for the Brand & Lifestyle Licensing Awards 2024 – with the entry portal due to close on Friday 8 March....
SmileyMallet500x500
 
The exclusive collaboration is aiming to encourage people to not take things so seriously, and features unique baubles in the bubble of Mallet London's Neptune silhouette which bounce and roll around as you walk....
NatGalleryMarmalade500x500
 
The National Gallery x Marmalade Masterpiece Collection has reimagined iconic paintings as scented fragrance, with the collection available in candle and diffuser formats from the end of March....
Get the latest news sent to your inbox
Subscribe to our daily newsletter

The list doesn't exist! Make sure you have imported the list on the 'Manage List Forms' page.