A host of licensed names were among the winners at yesterday’s (15 November) Progressive Preschool Awards 2022, as the industry helped to celebrate 10 years of the popular event.
Hosted by Charlie Baker and taking place at the Royal Lancaster London, guests were treated to a host of entertainment – including a pre-lunch speech from Dragons’ Den investor, Touker Suleyman.
The uplifting grand finale of the afternoon saw Stephen and Karen Hewitt awarded with the Outstanding Achievement accolade – having started Character.com from their garage, the online retailer is now a £50+ million business.
Licensed winners included:
Best Retailer Initiative
- #PlantWithPeppa at Asda
Best Preschool Apparel Range
- My First Years X Disney from Dennicci (pictured above)
Best Licensed Toy Range
- Paddington Range from 8th Wonder Toys
Best Preschool Publishing Range
- We’re Going On A Bear Hunt Activity Books, Walker Books
Best Preschool Gift Range
- The Gruffalo Baby Collection for Primark from Fizz Creations
The Eco Award
- Fun To Learn Peppa Pig Bag o’ Fun’, Redan Publishing
The Marketing Award
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar at Kew Gardens from Rocket Licensing
What Parents Love
- Stephen and Karen Hewitt (Character.com)