Viacom Nickelodeon Consumer Products and Spin Master honour five licensees.
Viacom Nickelodeon Consumer Products and Spin Master have honoured a number of partners at the first ever PAW Patrol Summit.
Recognising the accomplishments of retail and licensing partners with the UK’s number one preschool property across the year, a total of five awards were presented by Marianne James, vp consumer products, Nickelodeon UK & Northern and Eastern Europe, and Hedley Barnes, general manager Northern Europe at Spin Master at the event yesterday (May 9).
“We’re excited to be hosting our very first PAW Patrol summit, allowing us to celebrate all things PAW related and most importantly giving us the opportunity to recognise the truly outstanding work from our stakeholders that has helped to create our paw-some success story,” said Marianne. “We’ve got a host of activity in the pipeline for our beloved pups and look forward to working with our partners.”
The winners were:
- MV Sports was awarded Most Innovative Product for its Dream Den, creating a PAW Patrol world in kids’ bedrooms.
- Dairycrest with Cathedral City won Best Hardlines Partner, creating a healthy snack sized product for kids as their first foray into licensing.
- Aykroyds and TDP picked up Best Softlines Partner, a long standing partner with the property, continually committed to innovating in the category.
- Argos won Best Activation at Retail for its Home of the PAW event which was delivered in May and October 2018.
- Primark was awarded Broadest Range at Retail – the retailer’s continued support in delivering pioneering ranges across a huge amount of categories was commended by VNCP.
Now in its sixth year, PAW Patrol has been the number one preschool property since 2016, the number one programme for ratings across Nick Jr. and Milkshake, as well as being the most visited page on the Nick Jr. site.
This month sees a 44-minute movie special – Mighty Pups – hitting cinemas for the first time, while it will be Super Fan Summer with the pups during the holidays, with VNCP promising the ultimate six-week fan event.
The second UK based attraction is launching later this year in partnership with intu Lakeside and Parques Rieundas – Nickelodeon Adventure – with PAW Patrol being a key property, as well as the PAW Patrol Little Heroes Awards return for a second year.
September will see Nick Jr. launching a pop-up dedicated PAW Patrol channel, while a new range of consumer products will also hit shelves – from plush to vehicles and a new lookout tower – all Mighty Pups themed to go with the new superhero-themed content on the channel.
Looking ahead, and 2020 will see Ready Race Rescue themed content.