Winners included LEGO, Hasbro, Scholastic, Primark and Comparethemarket.com.
Disney UK has honoured a number of licensing partners at a spectacular gala dinner in support of Great Ormond Street Hospital Children’s Charity and GroceryAid.
Attended by over 500 licensees, retailers and partners and hosted by Warwick Davis, the night featured special guest appearances from Star Wars actor Anthony Daniels and Kevin McNally, who stars in the upcoming film Pirates of the Caribbean: Salazar’s Revenge.
There were also live performances including songs from Disney on Broadway and sets from Pixie Lott, New Hope Club and Alex Maxwell.
During the evening a number of awards were also presented.
The full list of winners are:
- Best Disney Product 2016 – Disney Mini Figures, LEGO
- Best Pixar Product 2016 – Finding Dory Home Learning Range, Scholastic
- Best Star Wars Product 2016 – Chewbacca mask, Hasbro
- Best Marvel Product 2016 – Men’s Baselayer Range, Sondico by Smith & Brooks
- Most Innovative Product 2016 – Star Wars Drones, Propel
- Best Integrated Partner Campaign 2016 – Comparethemarket.com
- Most Innovative Marketing Campaign – Disneyland Paris Social Campaign, Primark
- Disney Lifetime Achievement Award – Joseph Procos, Procos
Mike Stagg, svp and general manager for retail, UK and Ireland, said: “We’re thrilled to be able to host such a special evening to raise money for two fantastic causes; Great Ormond Street Hospital Children’s Charity and GroceryAid, as well as recognise the outstanding work that our licensees, retailers and partners are doing with our properties.
“We look forward to continuing to work closely with them to develop new and exciting products and campaigns that engage consumers of all ages and extend the storytelling of our popular franchises.”