Your countdown to the big event on Tuesday September 10 starts right here.
A week of finalist announcements for The Licensing Awards 2019 begins today, with the shortlists for the Retail, Best Licensed Retail Marketing Initiative and Best Licensed Promotions Campaign categories.
The finalists for the Best Retailer of Preschool, Kids and Adult Licensed Products, plus the Radar Award, were decided as a result of an extensive nomination process, followed by validation by a panel of over 20 industry experts, made up of both leading licensors and licensees (pictured above).
Collectively their experience meant that input was provided across the whole spectrum of demographics and specialisms.
The Retail Awards finalists in The Licensing Awards 2019 are:
BEST RETAILER OF PRESCHOOL LICENSED PRODUCTS (AGE GROUP 0-5)
JoJo Maman Bébé
BEST RETAILER OF KIDS’ LICENSED PRODUCTS (AGE GROUP 5-16)
BEST RETAILER OF ADULT LICENSED PRODUCTS
THE RADAR AWARD – for retailers who have come on the radar on the licensing front as they have considerably upped their licensing activities in the last year
All winners from the above categories are also contenders for the Top Retailer Award.
In addition, the finalists for BEST LICENSED RETAIL MARKETING INITIATIVE – which is for a specific promotion or licensing treatment executed at retail over the last year – have also been confirmed:
- Dr Seuss’ How The Grinch Stole Christmas at Primark
- National Geographic Photo Ark Collection at Clarks
- Queen Bohemian Rhapsody Pop-Up at Carnaby Street
- Pokémon at Selfridges
- Retro Gaming Arcade Campaign at Primark
- The Snowman 40th Anniversary at Waterstones
Meanwhile, the finalists for BEST LICENSED PROMOTIONS CAMPAIGN have also been confirmed.
Following a strong roster of self-nominations from the industry, all entries were then validated by a panel of marketing and licensing experts.
Chaired by Pink Key Licensing’s Richard Pink, the panel (pictured above) included Abigail Dixon, director, Labyrinth Marketing; Kelvyn Gardner, md, Asgard Media and Licensing International UK; Clare Piggott, md, Larkshead Media; Barbara Robinson, licensing consultant; and Gabrielle Sims, head of licensing, FatFace.
BEST LICENSED PROMOTIONS CAMPAIGN
- Bruce Lee Learn To Control Your Power with Boost (Agency: Born Licensing)
- The Gruffalo and Big Milk Fuelling Big Adventures with Arla Big Milk (Agency: Magic Light Pictures)
- Incredibles 2 Campaign with Plenty (Agency: Blue Chip Marketing)
- Roald Dahl and Mr Kipling’s Splendiferous Summer with Premier (Agency: The Roald Dahl Story Company)
- The Snowman Maybe Just Maybe Campaign with Barbour (Agency: Penguin Ventures)
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar Family Weekend with Eden Project (Agency: Rocket Licensing)
The finalists in the Product and Property categories will be announced on Tuesday July 16 and Wednesday July 17 respectively.
The winners of the Retail and Marketing Communications categories will be revealed at a glittering ceremony on Tuesday September 10, held in The Great Room of The Grosvenor House Hotel, London.
The headline sponsor of The Licensing Awards 2019 is Brand Licensing Europe and the awards are officially supported by Licensing International.
Over 1,400 retailers, licensees and industry suppliers are set to attend this year’s big event. Tickets are available from Createvents on 01733 294524 or email email@example.com.